Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    destructionismyobjective

Picked up a lil sumpin

I did it got a general lee. Couldnt reisist for the price. I needed a good street and park bike. Here she is black on black on black.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thats pretty sweet. how does she ride?

destructionismyobjective
    Rides pretty good wont know for sure until my broken fingers heal.

mtbr member
    Nice ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

I post too much.
    I like it.

mtbr member
    sweet, im liking it

destructionismyobjective
    brand new for $260---for that price everyone should own one!

mtbr member
    word, such an awesome price for those things...insanely good. i have thought of picking one up actually...but i dont really need one. how tall are you and how does it fit? from what i know they have like a 21" TT so i wonder if they would even fit me ok.

destructionismyobjective
    Im 5'7 fits good. But im used to riding my bitter i suppose if you were comong from a 20inch bmx it might feel big.

Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterrider
    brand new for $260---for that price everyone should own one!
    Funny you should say that. I had a post asking which to choose from...P1 or STP?
    For $260 I can't see the point to shell out $450 more...I mean, what extra would I be getting?..A sus fork? 26" wheels? disc brakes?..well the disc would be nice and the shock ok but I could buy 3 DK's and some extra parts for the price of the STP.

Sorry I'm rambling...
    I love the black!! Very cool

destructionismyobjective
    As Long as your not planning to xc it its a good dj park urban bike. Haro and gt make 24incers for a little more with a little better components(sealed berings and such)

Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004
    I've got an Ibex xc frame I built to race so no worries there.
    The dj/urban bike will be just for that.

Did you get it through Dans Comp or a LBS?

mtbr member
    Im 5'7 fits good. But im used to riding my bitter i suppose if you were comong from a 20inch bmx it might feel big.
    well im 6ft, coming from a 26"..glad you really like it so far, maybe sometime i will pick one up. let us know how it does in the future.

destructionismyobjective
    Got it at a LBS. Albes- akick ass strictly bmx shop. Check it out online albes.com

Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004
    Got it at a LBS. Albes- akick ass strictly bmx shop. Check it out online albes.com
    Cool and yeah, I've been to that site too.

Question though, because I'm curious.
    You have a dirt jumper/Urban bike already. The General Lee is designed for dirt too.
    What was it about that bike in particular that made you buy it, other than the awesome pricing?

Just pure curiosity. I don't have any formed opinions or nothin...my wife keeps asking me how many bikes I gonna end up with

destructionismyobjective
    I do have another bike a bitter fully geared disc brakes mantou fork. I wanted a cheap solution to a single speed 24 incher. I wanted a more urban/park type bike. Unfotunatly you can esily spend thoudands on a 24 front suspension disc brake ss and it just wasnt in my budget. I saw a few threads on here referencing the 24 gl so I started looking onto them. Then I saw the price realized it came in black and I was sold. Especially after spending the weekend at rays mtb park i realized what the bike was made for and picked it up. I do tend to do a little xc with the bitter and didnt want to start ripping it down to ss but really wanted one so its what i ended up with. Btw I currently have 5 bikes in my garage, one is a present for a friend. But im not done with the collection yet. I would also like a dh bike and a fully xc bike. Ill have to keep saving though.

Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004
    I've got my XC bike, road bike, I share my son's 20" bmx but like the larger tire size better.

I've been using my xc bike as a urban/dj/trials bike and I hate to keep punishing it so much.
    I had settled on saving for the 07 P1 until you posted this. I just can't see the point of spending so much more when there are these offerings available that will fill the dj/urban "void".
    Trials, I'm afraid, will have to be another dedicated bike...which ain't necessarily a bad thing and I also want to build a surly 1x1.
    I'm sure the wife will set me straight though

USB Rep'n
    not that you care, but here's what I'd do (and I know you don't want to hear this)...ditch the bitter, put a chopped sus fork on the gl, and use some of the sale proceeds to buy a Heckler which will serve you well for both xc and some fairly heavy duty fr. if you get into huge stuff, you'll need more but the Heckler is solid up to 10' (maybe more if I had the stones to try it on that bike).
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

destructionismyobjective
    I will not ditch my bitter!! I know not the most prime piece of equipment but she serves her purpose. If you know where I can get a small travel 24' fork lemme know. I just dont want to rake out the front end real bad. Oh yeah and I got a pos trek for xc. Next bike for the colletion is a big hit/dh bike.

Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004
    What is the standover on the gl 24? I'm just about .5" shy of your height.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    well im 6ft, coming from a 26"..glad you really like it so far, maybe sometime i will pick one up. let us know how it does in the future.
    My friend is 6' 2" and came from a 20" and loved the bigboy feel of the general lee

Air Junkie
    If you know where I can get a small travel 24' fork lemme know. I just dont want to rake out the front end real bad.
    My buds got a 100mm fork on his General Lee and it feels just a tad raked to me, I'd go with a 80mm and it should be perfect. You can pick up new 80mm 24"specific D-Streets on ebay for about 150-200 USD. A little on the heavy side but who the hell cares, they last.

USB Rep'n
    I'd just find a used Flick or Firefly and lower it to whatever you like. Mines around 65mm right now and feels perfect. You could even put some heavy springs in a Dirt Jam Comp, lower it and be in for less than a c-note.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

destructionismyobjective
    who makes the flick & firefly?

mtbr remember
    who makes the flick & firefly?
    Answer/Manitou - but the flick and firefly are no longer in production, but can be found cheap used.

Looks like a fun ride, but I wouldn't put a susp. fork on it though. I'd spend a little cash making it lighter. isn't that why you bought it anyway, just a simple little rigid ride? you already have a bitter.
    KISS theory, you know what I'm sayin'?
    Schralp it Heavy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast