Thread: P street?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

P street?

Hey was wondering if i could get some peoples opinions on the p street. I found one for sale in my local bike shop and am considering getting it.

Im relativly new mt. biking having only been dhing for about a season. But i find being at school that i sit around durring the week wanting to ride, however my dh bike isent to great for urban riding

I was looking at the p street cause i want a small 24inch urban bike that is close to bmx geo.

Cant ride my bmx anymore cuase ive ****ed up my wrists and really need a fork on it.

So i was just wondering what people thought of the P street would it be a good investment hows the specs and what not im still kinda new?

And if not any alternitives that would be more what im looking for like a complete bike for around 700 which is what the p street is going for

Thanks alot.

resident dumbass
    The P. Street is really, really heavy. Never met anyone who didn't think so. There are varying opinions on whether or not it's too heavy, but that's not the point. It's a tank, though. Once you get used to the weight, it'll ride well for you. Haven't actually had a chance to ride a P. Street (closest I've gotten is a P. 1 Cr-mo), so I don't know enough to give you a quality opinion.

I can correctly say this, though: there is NO complete 24" BMX hybrid for that price other than the P. Street. If you had about 1500, you could set yourself up with a Tonic Fall Guy, which is similar in size to a P. Street, but lighter, and the frame goes for the price your shop sells the entire frame for. There is nobody who doesn't like their Tonic Fall Guy.

Log on to ridemonkey forums and talk to escapeartist. He loves his P. Street. Maybe he can help?
    I'm out of things to say . . .

nOOb now rOOkie
    when i got on one it seemed way to heavy, but locally we have a guy that hits the biggest gaps and floats in the air on one so its hard to say.... IMO super heavy.

Premium Member
    I would buy it and change out the fork, take off the F brake, and remove the pegs. There goes a bunch of weight. It's heavy stock but with a bit of work it can be manageable.

I post too much.
    Just the pegs help. Useless weight just dangling there. Fork on it is a d-street 24'' I think, ditch it, and buy something lighter, even a dj3 would suit you better weight wise.

Portland, OR
    they're really nice for urban riding. I use a 40 pound P. for my rides. go get it, they're pretty sick. theres a lot of crap that you can take off to save weight, especially the pegs and fork.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Ok thanks alot for the help, only thing is i am kinda worried about the weight now that you mentioned that. how much do u think it weighs high 30's ??