Thread: P.3s?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

P.3s?

Hey guys i have been looking at the specialized P.3s lately and just was wondering a few things about them. What is your opinon on them? Do you like the newer style or do you like the older style like the 05 P.3? Just wondering which one people like more or think is better?

I post too much.
    I have never ridden one to be totally honest, so I can't give a review on it. I do not like specialized's reputation too much, but they have been very kind to a friend of mine, so I guess it's hit or miss with them. From a pure looks stanpoind, I'd say the older style was pretty dope looking. Especially the '05 with the white and camo fork and spray paint like decals.

h-town hucker
    a few of my friends have the 06' P.3's, and they love em. the right amount of oil in the fork is usually not right, so you might have to fix it to your personal liking. all in al, they seem like great bikes. and the fact that they can be converted to ss is a plus if you're not to fond of geared bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I like the '05 and earlier models but I'm a little biased.

Frame- '04 Specialized P3, size - Long
    Fork- '05 Marz DJ1
    Headset-Dia-Comp Mallet
    Stem-Thomson 50mm
    Bar-Bontrager Crow Bar 1"rise
    Grips-Oury bmx, purple=free grips
    Brake lever-Altek Sharktooth
    Cable-long ass cable for those barspins I'll never do
    Brake-Avid BB7 6" rotor
    Crank-Raceface Turbine 5 bolt 32t ring
    Bash-E13 supercharger
    BB-hunk o'junk that came with frame
    Pedals-Sun Zuzu's pedals
    Seatpost-cheap p.o.s.
    Seat-circa 1996 Selle Italia Homegrown oem saddle
    Chain-Sram 8spd
    Ghetto SS conversion 16t removed from disected 7spd cassette with green cassette spacers
    Wheelset-Sun S.O.S. laced to a DT Swiss 240 Rr and Scott 20MM Ft
    Tires-Maxxis 26x2.4 Hollyrollers

I've put a ft brake on since the pics, bb7 with another rear Altek lever flipped upside down(the results of a so-so warrenty experience 5 years ago,broke a ft lever got a rear as replacement).

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

meh

there okay.i rode one for a while and i have no complaints. i like the old style better. the new ones paint job is cool,but thats about it, they are losing there luster a bit. they spin really easy, but then again mine only weighed 23-24lbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i have a p.2 and it has the same frame and fork as the three
    i really like the new ones more then the older ones becaus much shorter stays lower standover
    but if you are willing to dish out that much for a p.3 (they are like 1,700 right?) i would got for a santa cruz jackal.

destructionismyobjective
    Personally I like the p1, ss, pimpin.

h-town hucker
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterrider
    Personally I like the p1, ss, pimpin.
    right on!!! i got the 04'. my lbs still had some left over last feb, so i picked one up. i've made some changes, but all in all its a great bike.

Lost and never found
    May 2005
    i also like the old style frames They seem really solid, I rock my 2001 P.3(yeah it's almost an antique) haha

Quote Originally Posted by bbrz4
    Dirtjumper3 is the new PANTELIS

( o Y o ) 's!!
    I love my P3. I raced BMX back in the days and I never converted to MTB because I couldn't find a bike that 'felt' right. I bought mine immediately after test riding it because I knew it was the one. I like the compact geometry and the blocky top tube gives it a mean look.

Local Paperboy Hero
    P3s are radness. Check the P in the air... here's an attempted nac that turned into an opposite-table-one-foot-thing...
    Nac-Nac5.jpg
    Last edited by Cru Jones; 11-21-2006 at 02:39 PM.

resident dumbass
    The 04-05 were better I think. The 06's are probably better for stuff that requires more standover, but they don't ride so nicely . . .
    I'm out of things to say . . .

i like dirt.
    I have an '05 P.2 and I LOVE IT!!! The bike store i bought it at didn't assemble it right, but the frame is amazing. Its nice beefy butted aluminum. The components it came with were ok, but may need some upgrading. Great bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    THanks for the opinons. If anyone else has an opinon feel free to give it. make sure tell me what year P.3 you are talking about please. thanks

DIRTYAMERICAN
    Apr 2004
    p bikes are great for the price. I personally ride an 03 p.2 and test rode my friends 06 p.2. Of course the p.3s will be the same except spec'ed better. The geometry keeps getting better over the years. Specialized dealers are everywhere so try testing one.
    let's roll

Portland, OR
    P bikes totally rock. had mine for quite a while. as far as frames are concerned, I really think the 03-05 frames were a lot better. not only were they easier to obtain (cheaper in $$$ ) but they also were very bombproof. I ride mine pretty hard. not only that, but it was used one day for whistler. but I wasnt hitting intermediate or biginner trails on it.

P. series takes it all, and loves it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Premium Member
    I've ridden 03/04/05/06/07 P bikes and the new style ones are the best. They are more manuverable. Be sure to get the long, the short is made for gnomes and there's no toe room.

mtbr member

my p2 for sale.

I have an '04 p2. Looks just like the one above except it has a brand new blackspire chainguide/bashring on it, and a special bolt on the heasdset that allows you to run your front brake cable through it... so you can barspin/tailwhip. and lock on grips.

I'm selling it to buy a fork for my other bike..

anyone interested?
    make me an offer...

Retread soul rider
    Dec 2005
    nice table nac 1 footer

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have an 04 P3 frame forsale with headset, easton seat post and clamp. $200 plus shipping email or PM for details. It was chemically stripped and powder coated black in Feb 05

resident dumbass
    me like! Too bad me have no money . . . besides, I'm looking to buy a used .243 from someone when they get a new frame.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    here is my old 2005 p3, wish i had of kept the frame and built up a little dj bike to go with the fully..