13 56.52%
  • Norco Manik

3 13.04%
  • Kona Cowan or Stuff

5 21.74%
  • Other

2 8.70%
    mtbr member

p.3, Norco Manik, Kona Cowan... which bike?

i want to do Urban stuff mostly and Dj...i might do SOME trails, but nothing serious..
    i like the look of the p.3 and kinda leaning towards it, but can someone change my mind or tell me which one is a better buy..

any suggestions?

edit: 8 votes and 2 posts? i wanna know why too..
    Last edited by Briballdo; 11-27-2006 at 07:32 PM.

I post too much.
    Any of these bikes will suit you quite well, but the P.3 is more suited at urban and dj. For more of an all-rounder I'd go with either the cowan or stuff or p3. It really depends on you. I'll cast my vote on the konas though.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I had a Cowan. It was a nice frame that I used mostly for trail riding. I bought a pretty big one, though, so mine was not set up so well for street. The dropouts give you the option of SS or derailleur, and it was pretty light, too.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    Any of these bikes will suit you quite well, but the P.3 is more suited at urban and dj. For more of an all-rounder I'd go with either the cowan or stuff or p3. It really depends on you. I'll cast my vote on the konas though.

mtbr member
    im trying to find places that even sell the p.3 in my area...anyone know where i can get one?..i live in Bay Area (near san francisco...)

tuck-n-roll master
    giant stp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    any specialized dealer can order you one most won't keep the P.3 in stock though. I don't know about closer to San Fran but Livermore Cyclery in you guessed it livermore will definetly hook you up with one if ya give them a call.

mtbr member
    how do i know how much the bike is though? cuz my friend bartered his Kona Stuff down a couple hundred i think...how much can i get the p.3 for??

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Its in the 1300 i think. The Stuff is less expensive. Norco makes awesome bikes but my vote goes for P.3/2 because its geometry is perfect for Urban/DJ. Im saving for a P.1 my self.

mtbr member
    so will the bike shop actually sell it to me for 1300 or will i have to talk with them...?

Biker for Life
    go with a kona. it can take anything you throw at it. i have a shred and i do DJ's urban and trials with it. and it is pretty light.
    afk irl

mtbr member
    i dont really like the feel of the kona stuff though...and i dont think i could break any of these bikes cuz its pretty much my first good bike...

mtbr member
    go steel/cromo. *cough cough* P1 instead of P3 *cough cough* then upgrade some if u want. but i bet bet what you will find out with urban is simpler is better, which is how the p1 is setup. do damn derailler, plus its cheaper so you can save some cash when you break somethin on the p1, but its pretty solid to start

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cummings
    do damn derailler, plus its cheaper so you can save some cash when you break somethin on the p1, but its pretty solid to start

wat?

and watta bout the p.2? cuz i dont have the best knowledge about upgrading bikes..

mtbr member
    p-2 cro-mo is a pretty sweet bike. Id still go with the P1 cause its single speed and pretty trustworthy.
    woooooooooo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Briballdo
    wat?

and watta bout the p.2? cuz i dont have the best knowledge about upgrading bikes..
    oh sh!t, my bad. i think i meant to sat "no" instead of "do".

Portland, OR
    P. series is really great. like another said, the P.1 is a very good choice. the P.3/2 is as well. I've been riding my 04 P.2 very hard for almost 3 seasons. never gives up.

if you are wanting more of a urban bike, you cant go wrong with the P. series. but the Kona's really arent built well for street. they tend to be a little heavier, and definatly not as flickable. (unless you get the XS size) but the kona's really make up for it on the trail. the OB kona's are tons of fun on the trail (thus why they arent the best at street) kona is a little more trail/DJ. the P. series is a little more park/DJ/street. I do ride my P. on the trails (sometimes) and its pretty fun. just really small and flickable.

another person mentioned a Giant STP. these are a good option as well. but they might not really be what you're looking for. they are a tad more flickable in things like skateparks compared to the P. series. but at street, they are pretty much equal in their abilities. but even though the STP has the name (trail s{T}p) in its name, the P. series pretty much blows the STP out of the water in this catagory. the P. series frame originally came from an enduro HT.

overall, I think you will be happy either way you go. but I think that any of the P. series will suit you a little better for what you want to do.

{P.S., as far as the norco is concerned. its a great bike, tons of fun ...for FR though. big, heavy ...grew up on north shore vancouver.}
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    if you are wanting more of a urban bike, you cant go wrong with the P. series. but the Kona's really arent built well for street. they tend to be a little heavier, and definatly not as flickable. (unless you get the XS size) but the kona's really make up for it on the trail. the OB kona's are tons of fun on the trail (thus why they arent the best at street) kona is a little more trail/DJ. the P. series is a little more park/DJ/street. I do ride my P. on the trails (sometimes) and its pretty fun. just really small and flickable.
    i totally agree....i think....lol well ive riden the kona, just not the P.
    the kona does not seem that flickable to me and really does seem more built to heaver stuff like trails and free ride...

thanks for all the help guys...

i think im gonna get the p.3 unless something else shows up between now and christmas...

mtbr member
    Specialized all the way. If your going to do big stuff like stairs and such, go with the p.2 Cro-Mo, it rides nicer. They are more expensive, but well worth it.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.