mtbr member
    Feb 2009

outlaws and suburban

ok i just got an 09 suburban and 09 outlaws. i wanna put a bolt on axle in the back but the 20 mm conv doesnt fit the dropouts. does anyone make a smaller throughaxle that i can put in my outlaws to make this work?? thanx

mtbr member
    no you would need a 135x10mm bolt-on hub like a Hope, Chris King, Woodman makes a 15mm slotted for 10mm dropouts, DT-Swiss, or a Hugi

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickneonrt
    no you would need a 135x10mm bolt-on hub like a Hope, Chris King, Woodman makes a 15mm slotted for 10mm dropouts, DT-Swiss, or a Hugi

Wrong.

The 20mm caps are for the front. You need to buy a Momentum axle. It steps down from 12mm to 10mm to fit your dropouts. It is a bolt-on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Wrong.

The 20mm caps are for the front. You need to buy a Momentum axle. It steps down from 12mm to 10mm to fit your dropouts. It is a bolt-on.
    were do you get a momentum axle, I am looking to do the same thing with my outlaws if it can be dom 10mm bolt-on?

mtbr member
    also off topic but will i did what you said and put the x-firm spring in my Pike but the travel adjustment is ver difficult. is this because of the stiffer spring? I greased the heck out of it before installed it.

Meh.
    Google "Momemtum axle" Oh wow... look at all those results...

Meh.
    The coils are probably wound a bit tighter.

mtbr member
    allright allright I just didn't know you could step the outlaws rear axle down to a 10mm and was wondering how it would be done.