mtbr member

Orange Hitman - frame

Yo, who likes this frame or has ever ridden or owned an orange hitman??? I can get this frame as a closeout for $350 (canadian dollars) in either baby blue (shown), black, or some dark green. What do you think?

jea.

mtbr member
    The only problem would be having to spend a bunch more cash to get all the parts.
    jea.

mtbr member
    i like it, looks good except those chainstays look like toothpicks

mtbr member
    Yea, true, but i still like it. Can anyone tell me how much they spent on an average dirt/urban build EXcluding the frame?
    jea.

mtbr remember
    I'm assuming you plan on running a geared set-up and not SS? if so, you should be fine, but an SS setup later down the road won't be ideal on that frame...

other than that, I don't have any clue of that bike's geo. or material, etc... so I can't say much at all. I really haven't been a big fan of orange though. But, if it fits your criteria in a bike you want and can ride, doesn't sound like too bad of a deal. and as for the thin stay diameters, look at the blkmrkt mob, nobody's complaining there.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Yea. I haven't had any previous experience with orange bikes. One thing i do know is that they're outrageously overpriced. I think this frame is usually like 600$ + , but it is a 2006 closeout price. Yea, I would be running 8 speed probably. But I am also looking at a complete specialized p.2 2006 for 719.99 - i think that is a good deal
    jea.

mtbr member
    just get the p1. for your pricerange its got a good spec. If your pricerange is about $700, half that is gone with a hitman frame! with $350, you gotta buy a decent set of wheels, fork, brakes, cranks, gears (since the hitman isnt gonna work good with ss) and all the other parts (post, seat, bar, stem.) Seriously, when you look at it like that, your either gonna spend alot over your budget with the hitman, or your gonna have a sh!tty parts spec with the hitman.

mtbr member
    Well, you're sort of right cummings. Have you heard of Kyle Ebbett? He rides for scott bikes on the voltage primarily. My dad works with his wife and they live close to me. I would ask his wife if she could check with him to see if I could buy old parts that were from his old bikes. When scott sends him the complete voltage, he needs to take off all the parts to put on the ones from his other sponsonrs like rock shox. His site is very out of date (including his main sponsor). But check it out....... www.kyleebbett.com
    jea.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ontario_bike
    Well, you're sort of right cummings. Have you heard of Kyle Ebbett? He rides for scott bikes on the voltage primarily. My dad works with his wife and they live close to me. I would ask his wife if she could check with him to see if I could buy old parts that were from his old bikes. When scott sends him the complete voltage, he needs to take off all the parts to put on the ones from his other sponsonrs like rock shox. His site is very out of date (including his main sponsor). But check it out....... www.kyleebbett.com
    Scott probably doesnt send him a complete bike, I'm gussing just the frame. Then all his other sponsors send him the parts and he builds it. It would be pointless to send a complete bike his way, just to be taken apart. And if he did have used stuff for sale, it probably be the last place you'd wanna buy it from, seeing as those pro's beat on their stuff the hardest. I'd only get parts from him if they were dirt cheap. Anyway, my vote is still on the p1. solid bike, alot less complicated.

mtbr member
    OK... if i were to buy this frame, I would have 400 dollars left to spend on components...what do u guys think?
    jea.

40 oz to freedom
    Dont do it
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny A
    Dont do it
    same. maybe you might be new to building bikes, but $400 isnt gonna get u ne thing decent. BUY COMPLETE

mtbr member
    Alright...but hey, look at umm, coloroado something (forget the username). He built a sick DJ for 300$ by buying great items at great prices - u just need to hunt a little bit. But yeah, I think i probably will go with a complete. I really like that frame tho.
    jea.

40 oz to freedom
    His friends gave him the major components (fork, frame and wheelset).

Just buy a complete, also please stop making new threads.
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got