imaorobbie

Opinion on 2008 Argyle 318

I am in need of a new fork. I'm sick of my RST puking oil everywhere (even with new seals). I have a line on a new (never used, still in packaging) 2008 Argyle 318. Price is $250. Any thoughts on this fork? I ride street/park and not as much dirt as I would like.

the giant.
    depending on the model rst, u night need a new front hub. make sure the axles are the same.

argyles are good forks. go for it. theyre good for any kinda of street, park, dirt, anything that u can basically throw.

imaorobbie
    Yeah, I have the right hub, 20mm TA. It looks like a 409 just popped up for the same price. I ='m going for the 409.

the giant.
    personally, ide still go for the 318. its brand new. u never know about the condition of the seals or internals on the 409.

imaorobbie
    I contacted the seller of the 318 and they're unwilling to ship. I guess they've never heard of paypal. So, the 409 is my option, unless I wait. I'm willing to do maintenance on the internals, so that isn't really an issue. Plus, the 409 is local, so I can look at it before I buy.

the giant.
    then get the 409. what year is it?

imaorobbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gbosbiker
    then get the 409. what year is it?
    it's a 2007. I'm waiting on some additional pictures and information on maintenance.

the giant.
    as long as it was taken care of it should be a good buy. maybe haggle it down a little

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I rode a 318 for a bit. It was fine, but was quite heavy.

I now have a 2011 XFusion Velvet - whoa, KILLER product. Significantly lighter and more adjustable. For $400, it might be worth looking into for you.

Members who have read this thread: 1