Thread: one25?

mtbr member

one25?

Whats everyone think of this? I currently have a hardrock pro.. and everything I WANT to do to it, already comes stock on the new one25. Single chainring, with guide, better fork, better rims, hubs etc. The only thing worse it has that I can pick out is an alivio shifter, but thats not a big deal I dont think. It also comes with a roadie cassette and derailer

Now heres the thing, I'm pretty sure I can get a discount on anything from norco because I know someone who works there, I'm not sure how much of a discount, but any discount is better than none.

I mostly plan on doing dirt jumping, ive got a spot 5 mins from my house ive been workin on all this year and I found the thackary jumps (but those a freaking HUGE, I only hit the one jump there), and high park which I plan on bein there all the time this summer since its so sweet. Other than that I just do light freeride, some trail use and ridin on the road to places. Trails being what I can find around here, the freeride just little bridges and goin down big hills we find and such.

I understand the one25 isnt that great for trailriding, atleast not with the tires that come with it and its geomtery, but does it not make sense to go for the bike if what Ill be doing is mostly dirt jumping?

thanks for the insight

Portland, OR
    for DJ the one25 will absolutly rule. I have only ridden a 250 and 1hun but they bolth seemed so solid, I DJed a 1hun for about 2 weeks everyday and I have never found aframe that I liked better for just dirtjumping. and the 250 I rode was in a skatepark, it did well there. I think you would love a one25 compared to your hardrock. it's capable of handleing a little bit of freeride but mostly they were designed for DJ.for just trail riding, the one25 might be alright, I do some trail with my P.2 and it does fine, one25 wouldent be much different.

as for the drivetrain, the sora I dont know anything about, it'll probably be fine, but of you want shimano deore RD's sell for like 20 bucks. the alivio shifter.,...if its like mine ...its one of the best 8sp shifters out there. because the gear indicator is below the handlebars ...so if you fall theres a very low chance that it'll get ripped apart.

if you are concerned about trailriding, why not get a one25 and set up your hardrock for trail ?
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Meh.
    Norco makes some sick as h3ll bikes. Most DJ rigs will not be all that comfortable or efficient as an XC rig.

Sora is low-end road. No sense in buying real expensive derailleurs seeing as how they get trashed all the time.

mtbr member
    i planned on selling the hardrock to someone and using the money from that + money I'll make from working to get the 125.