mtbr member

Older SC Chameleon for DJ Advice needed!

Hey guys / gals:

Recently have gotten back in touch with my BMX roots and got into DJ. I have been picking it up quickly and enjoying it thoroughly. I scored an old bright orange SC Chameleon frame in a size small and was thinking it might make a good DJ bike with 24" wheels. I am 6' with a 34-35" arm and a 32" inseam and ride a large SC Blur and Heckler for everything else. I did a little searching a found a thread or two on this but they are dated, so I wanted some fresh advice.

Has frame design come far enough to not bother and just try and go to something DJ specific and newer. Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

-Tim
    "The only way to see this, is to come out here and see it."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm View Post
    Hey guys / gals:

Recently have gotten back in touch with my BMX roots and got into DJ. I have been picking it up quickly and enjoying it thoroughly. I scored an old bright orange SC Chameleon frame in a size small and was thinking it might make a good DJ bike with 24" wheels. I am 6' with a 34-35" arm and a 32" inseam and ride a large SC Blur and Heckler for everything else. I did a little searching a found a thread or two on this but they are dated, so I wanted some fresh advice.

Has frame design come far enough to not bother and just try and go to something DJ specific and newer. Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

-Tim

What are the measurements on it? Actual top tube (center of seat tube to center of head tube), chainstay, seat tube height?

Can you post a pic of it ?

Post your lizards. (Chameleon)

My impression is the Chameleon was intended as an xc/all-mountain bike that could be jumped a little bit.

Since you're taller you could probably jump a bike that has a taller seat tube than the typical DJ bike out right now. I used to jump a 2005 DK Xenia, and that had like a 15"-ish seat tube, compared to my Black Market that has like 11"-ish if I remember right.

mtbr member
    CMC thanks for the info. Here are the measurements, I think:

Top Tube: 21.5"
    Head Tube: 3.9"
    Head Tube: 68 deg
    Seat Tube: 14.5"
    Wheelbase: 41.3"
    Chainstay: 16.5"
    BB Height: 13"
    Standover: 28.2"
    Headset: 1 1/8"
    Seatpost: 30.9"

What do you think? I'll take some pics in a few. Thanks!
    "The only way to see this, is to come out here and see it."