mtbr member
    Aug 2011

nukeproof - "snap"

Snap Frame

is it good?
    i am new and i want to learn some basic skill with this hardtail
    thanks~!!

Old school BMXer
    I was interested in getting one of those until I saw the long 16.5" chainstays. That's about 7/8" longer that the DJ standard of bikes (Black Market).
    May the air be filled with tires!

mtbr member
    Long CS length and vertical dropouts!?!? Have they been hiding in a bomb shelter designing this? Might be ok for just jumping but the dropouts are a deal breaker.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    shorter chainstays make learning things easier.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It is more of a 4x bike with the longer chainstays, relaxed headangle, iscg tabs, vertical dropouts/deraileur hanger etc. I'm sure it would jump fine and it would work great for fast flowy park/jump trails, but if you are looking for a bike to learn skills on, as the others have said, a bike with shorter chainstays and steeper head angle will make learning to hop, manual, jump and and other tricks be easier to learn.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Would this be OK for a DH/FR bike? It seems very nice for a hardtail and the pricing I could live with. The only problem is the Seatpost, can I purchase one that is longer?

Also I am six foot, would you get regular or long?

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    youll want a beefier frame for dh/fr. if you can find an older evil or a steelhead if you want to keep prices lower. if not save you for a better bike with full suspension

mtbr member
    Why are dropouts a deal breaker? I'm new so dont know much. But overall, would it still be an ok bike to get?

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    dropouts are a deal breaker in the terms of what you want to run driveline wise. if your gunna run gears, either are fine just horizontal you can move the axle, giving you more stability for more 4x riding.

if your going single speed, horizontal give you the ability to tighten the chain just like a bmx bike. problem, may require half link.

ss on a vertical dropout, you have to run a chain tensioner. doesnt matter what gears you run. so more things to break.

besides that, theres not much of an advantage to either.

mtbr member
    Thanks or the tip!