When in doubt, go faster

No Skate Boards means no skate boards, not no bikes

Well, thats pretty much the short and ling of it. I was at a local favorate street spot and theres a no skate boarding sign. So this lady comes out of the building (please note that i was just sitting on my bike, not even riding it) and the conversation went something like:
    Lady: "Would you please get your bike off the stairs, we dont want bikes on in this area?"
    Me: "Oh, um, sure, but I dont see a no bike sign"
    Her: "Well theres a no skate boarding sign"
    Me: "Yea I can see that but this isnt a skate board"
    Her: "Well, theres realy not that much diferance so would you please leave?"
    Me: "Uh, actualy there is a big diferance, and if you want me to go into the technicalitys of it I've got plenty of spare time"
    Her: "Well, your old enough to figure out that if we dont want skate boards we dont want bicycles"
    Me: "Yea sure lady, but you know there isnt a no bikes sign so untill you put one up, I can keep comming back here. I'll leave but you realy need to make it known that skate boarders arnt the only wheeled vehicles allowed"

I know it sounds like a rant but realy, people are just so dumb sometimes.

I post too much.
    I like to do that, people tend to lack answers after a while.

mtbr member
    Keep riding street, it's not like we got hella places to ride. We can't give up the little that we do have.

Air Junkie
    It's our only chance to get back at the "no bikes allowed" parks.

One time my friend pulled me through a parking lot, on a snowboard, with a ski rope, behind his truck, and a security guard chuck norris wannabe supercop takles me and explains to me how skateboarding isn't allowed in parking lots. Then took my liscence and threatend to call the real police for purposely breaking rules and speeding.
    Last edited by Sudden_Judgement; 10-24-2006 at 05:04 PM.

When in doubt, go faster
    Like I said, people.

mtbr remember
    fvcking criminal.

I just got another tear tattoo'ed on my cheek the other day... third street spot we've lost in the last year.... homies gettin' shot down left and right just tryin' to lay down some art on the concrete with flow...
    Biking is our religion, our hope, and these people try to keep us from visiting our temples. They will try to outlaw our tools of meditation, so we must evolve our bag of tricks and stay one step ahead of the man.
    next time your out, throw down a thick powerskid, just a word up for the homies that went down in the name of the game.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Meh.
    You seem more thug than usual.

Cars Are Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden_Judgement
    It's our only chance to get back at the "no bikes allowed" parks.

One time my friend pulled me through a parking lot, on a snowboard, with a ski rope, behind his truck, and a security guard chuck norris wannabe supercop takles me and explains to me how skateboarding isn't allowed in parking lots. Then took my liscence and threatend to call the real police for purposely breaking rules and speeding.
    You should have called the police yourself and had the rent-a-cop charged with assault. Especially since you had a good witness.

Cars Are Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    fvcking criminal.

I just got another tear tattoo'ed on my cheek the other day... third street spot we've lost in the last year.... homies gettin' shot down left and right just tryin' to lay down some art on the concrete with flow...
    Biking is our religion, our hope, and these people try to keep us from visiting our temples. They will try to outlaw our tools of meditation, so we must evolve our bag of tricks and stay one step ahead of the man.
    next time your out, throw down a thick powerskid, just a word up for the homies that went down in the name of the game.
    I thought a tear tattoo on the cheek was for killing someone in prison

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You seem more thug than usual.

hahaha... yeah, just my attempt at portraying our hard knock lives of rebel rouser hoods on the wrong side of the tracks, constantly steppin' over the line the man draws for us everyday...
    I don't really have tears inked on my cheeks. but I think you can pick up what I'm layin' down with that previous post.
    5-0 slappin' our wrists for expressing ourselves.

and the thing is, even with my mountain bike, which obviously has NO PEGS, I still have people thinking I'm out in front of their office building trying to "destroy" things by bashing it with my metal pegs....
    even more ironic is that I'd probably still get that vibe from these squares if I just sit in front of some stairs on my old vintage SS road bike...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont29er
    I thought a tear tattoo on the cheek was for killing someone in prison

what'chu know 'bout me? huh? some foo was rappin' on my scene yo, had to put the joker in his place, take'em to the ground and round. got my finga on the trigga, so bigots wonder why, livin' in the city is do or die.... rollin' on my 2-4, bowbowbaahhh.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    sounds like you handled the situation correctly...thats just kind of the way it goes. riding is what we do...just because a lot of it is in an urban environment it doesn't mean that we are doing it just to break a law or piss anyone off. there aren't enough spots to ride anywhere...its just part of riding. there are football/baseball/basketball specific facilities in probably every town in the US and most places, because they are obviously very popular sports, but bike parks are far and few between obviously because not as many people ride. so...we get the hard end of the deal and are a lot of times forced to make do with what we have whether it is making secret DJs/trails or riding street. doesn't make us criminals....we just want to ride!

when it comes to issues like this i try to be as reasonable and polite as possible, because a lot of times it can put the idea out that we aren't trying to make trouble, but yet again we just want to ride our bikes.

local trails rider
    I doubt getting a "no bikes" sign up in a few days will be a problem for her.

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI

and the thing is, even with my mountain bike, which obviously has NO PEGS, I still have people thinking I'm out in front of their office building trying to "destroy" things by bashing it with my metal pegs....
    even more ironic is that I'd probably still get that vibe from these squares if I just sit in front of some stairs on my old vintage SS road bike...
    Some guy who was supposed to take care of the nearby skatepark to me to get out when it was 2 in the afternoon, when no one else was inside, claiming That I was breaking the modules.

I made him follow me, show him a huge crack in the wood on the side of one of them, that had been made by *GASP* a skateboard! I asked him how my bike, which has 26'' wheels and fat tires to absorb shocks, as well as no pegs, could EVER have done that. I asked him why me landing smoothly weighing in at 180lbs WITH my bike could ever damage a skatepark where I know people much heavier than me ride their skateboards there, and land on 4 tiny hard wheels that make the impact area so much smaller than my big fat tires. I also showed him that the skidmarks weren't all mine, and that most of them had also been done by skateboards.

He babbled something and left.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    You talk too much. Now she'll be motivated to get a no bikes sign. Should have just left.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

Custom User Title
    I bet her kids, if she has any, walk around in a Ritalin haze.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i'm pretty much the only person that rides urban assault around here. there's a pack or two of bmx kids, but they're all on 20s. people look at me weird when i ride around doing things that would normally be done on bmx but i haven't been run off really. there's a church with some nice gaps that has a no bicycles sign but no one has ever told me to leave.

i have yet to ride in a strictly urban environment though like downtown or midtown so i guess i've just been lucky so far. my town is basically just lots of neighborhoods with one main road that has all the businesses on it. we're a big refinery town though so there's lots of old warehouse and refinery ruins that are fun to ride.

resident dumbass
    what the hell?!?!?!
    I'm out of things to say . . .

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    "Well, you’re old enough to figure out that if we don’t want skate boards we don’t want bicycles"

Obviously you're not... grow up and move on.

mtbr member
    Yoa are a menace to society. Learn some respect. It is apparent that if sketeboards arent allowed, bikes, with a greated danger factor, and more potetial to damage are not allowed. Lay off the oldies. Also you were on her property. You filthy Scumbag.
    That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death
    by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it,"
    --A Democratic congressional candidate in Texas.

tuck-n-roll master
    If the person *****ing at me can't arrest me (note: arrest me not have me arrested) or shoot me, then I ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

When in doubt, go faster
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrashed
    Yoa are a menace to society. Learn some respect. It is apparent that if sketeboards arent allowed, bikes, with a greated danger factor, and more potetial to damage are not allowed. Lay off the oldies. Also you were on her property. You filthy Scumbag.
    Yea and my record is for sale, *****!

Well, yes, bikes may be more of a danger factor, thats why i ride 'em. BUT, as I had to tell her, since there tires anrt plastic or whatever the hell sk8 boards are, that they cause alot less dammage. But your probly right... I just was trying to do my job as a teenager and be opposite to what athourity said. Isnt that our job?