Bikes Rule

New Molly is done.

My USB Molly that is. Minus the Ti bolts for the stem and front wheel as soon as Profile gets them in stock, it is ready. I may swap pedals and try some Twisted PC but for now it is done. The frame started off white and I stripped it, primed and painted with a Limco 3 Urethane system. Really a high end paint job.

My living room has crappy lighting and my camera sucks. The frame and parts really stand out in good lighting. Final weight 27.5 lbs.

Build List:

USB Molly Maguire
    Manitou Gold Label (lowered to 80mm), 3/8
    Profile SS Mini rear, 14mm hollow CrMo axle, Ti nuts, Ti 10t driver, 36 (purple)
    Profile SS Mini front, 36 (purple)
    Sun/Ringle Rhyno Lite XL, 36 hole laced with purple Wheelsmith alloy nipples
    Profile Race cranks, 170mm, Ti spindle, Ti bolts, Spanish BB
    Profile Mark Mullville stem (purple)
    Profile clamp (purple)
    NemPro 2.7 bar
    King Headset
    Tree Lite splined, 22t
    Proper rear brake
    Odyssey Mono Lever
    Animal pivotal post
    Macneil SL pivotal seat
    MG-52 pedals
    KMC 710SL chain
    ODI Rogue BMX
    Kenda K-Rads, 1.95
    Last edited by Demo-9; 03-02-2009 at 07:10 PM.

kindofabigdeal
    Sep 2005
    That thing is right purty!

Semi-Pro Ameteur
    Purple and yellow...actually works way better than I would have thought. Beautiful!

Sensible spec, too. What spokes are you using? I'm thinking of getting Wheelsmith nipples for my build but I've heard mutterings that they "don't work" with DT/Swiss spokes on "other" sites. (Can't think why, if they're 14g they're 14g...)
    Let's take Colorado and go chill with the British Isles.

Megadeth
    Jul 2006
    Tires look way skinny, get some tiogas or holy rollers
    My. Car. Is. A. POS!

gnar, brah
    odd rims to be lacing to such purdy hubs...
    Trestle Bike Park

Bikes Rule
    Spokes are Wheelsmith as well. DT doesn't make a 238 or 240 length or Quality did not have any in stock at the time (I forget). So I went with wheelsmith. Our spoke threader needs to be replaced or I would have cut my own spokes. But I like factory machined length spokes for new builds. Plus cutting 72 spokes would have taken forever.

I chose these rims because I could not find any good 24" rims in 36 hole in black. Everything was 32 or out of stock completely. Tires do look skinny. Again Quality was out of 2.35" so I got the 1.95". I run K-Rads on my Mob and love them. Holy rollers weigh a ton.

DT and Wheelsmith spokes/nipples should work with each other. 2.0 is 2.0!

mtbr member
    nice build and quality paint job. Yellow and purp I don't feel tho.

kindofabigdeal
    Sep 2005
    I've ben runing rhyno lites on just about every bike I've owned since about '99. IMO - Best rims evar.

Bikes Rule
    No new build is complete wihtout some killer decals. Purple ano compliments of Rufus at WWW.RUFUSPHOTO.COM for the awesome decals.

I instantly notice how much lighter it "feels" even though it is the same weight as my Mob. Right away I notice the centrifugal wheel difference. The 2-6 just feels like a lot of centrifugal wheel force while the 2-4 feels like nothing at all. Quarters feel totally different. I have to admit on the first day riding the Molly I went slightly higher than I ever did on my Mob. Not sure why but I did. But conversely I think I would use the Mob for bigger dirt jumping such as Highland. That was my goal anyway. I wanted a better park bike and use the Mob for outdoor bigger jumping.

All in all a nice feeling bike that really is effortless to spin around. I will be taking it to Ray's on March 22/23.I will get some new 2.3" tires though as the 1.95" are a bit too spindly.

Last edited by Demo-9; 03-12-2009 at 06:51 PM.