mtbr member
    Apr 2013

new to the forums looking for a mtb

Hey there, been lurking around the forums for a bit and this is my first post. I come from bmx land and i am looking for a mtb. I'm just not really sure what i want. I'm planning on riding dirt jumps and skate parks mostly but I also want to be able to go on trail rides and ride distances to keep in shape(which makes me think i would need gears). I love the 2013 norco 250 but i feel like it wouldn't be what i want for riding trails. The one bike that really caught my eye is the gt la bomba 2.0. Can anyone give me a little bit of info on it, is gt a good bike company? i only ask cuz they really dont seem very popular compared to say kona/norco/specialized. I cant seem to find much info on the la bomba can any of you shed some light on this? also my brother has a 2006 kona scrap and that is exactly the sort of thing i am looking for.

mtbr member
    Search around this forum a bit. This topic has been covered a few times; good bikes for all-around riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I ride a 2007 Kona Scrap and love it for what you describe...have you looked at the 2013 Kona Shred? it is set up as an all around dj and is back to having gears this year? Consider a used bike? I bought my scrap with a pile of spare parts for $400.00