Only One Way
    Sep 2004

New Fork Rock Shox Argyle...

Well I finally have a worthy fork on the MOB.. gota say say far so good, really impressed me last night. I plan to hit the skate park today amd a group of us are doing an urban ride on Sunday, I will try to post up more later.

First off, the compression dampning and rebound are spot on for a DJ bike. I was worried about the air (the fork on my FR bike was stiff and took a while to smooth out) this thing dialed in pretty fast. i did put way more air in it than recomende, I weigh 145 but pumped it p for a 200 LB rider, probably personal preferance, I like the fork on this bike pretty stiff..

Anyway enjoy..

BTW that MAXLE is awsome, just as quick as a QR and solid. I like not needed two 6mm allens and a 4 mm one to get my fron wheel off..

C

mtbr member
    Looks sano.
    I've got a new Vanilla on my bike (Made it 100mm), and going to use stiffer springs. Other than that it's got the best damping, which the dirt jam lacked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I post too much.
    Looks hot.

Pro Crastinator
    i sure do hope it lasts longer than the two i've seen so far.....

I post too much.
    It's brand new for this year, it is bound to have teething problems. Sram will no doubt warranty any problem.
    Last edited by snaky69; 10-29-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Only One Way
    Sep 2004

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i sure do hope it lasts longer than the two i've seen so far.....

WCH you trying to bring me down?

Hopefully it will last a long time.... If not I have had nothing but great CS from SRAM... not woried right now, but like you say lets give it some time..

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Road
    WCH you trying to bring me down?
    sorry didn't mean for it to sound that way. i, like you, am always stoked for new parts. i have just learned over last 20 years that you never guinne pig (sp?) a new product unless you have money to throw away.

the 2 argyles i've seen around are both broken, one of them was only ridden about 4 times for a total of less than 2 hours ride time(it barely made it thru a it's photo shoot for a mag before it clapped out). at least the other one didn't break for at least 3 weeks of riding.

both of them are stuck down and have about a half inch of fore aft slop. both of the owners also raved about how it was the "best fork they ever rode" well for al least a week....

kona-tize me captain
    good lookign bike, get soem dj pics
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Portland, OR
    I just wish it wasnt bright flourenscent mint green. would look horrible on my bike.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Only One Way
    Sep 2004

No issue...

sorry didn't mean for it to sound that way. i, like you, am always stoked for new parts. i have just learned over last 20 years that you never guinne pig (sp?) a new product unless you have money to throw away.
    No probs... I hope she lasts, sure feels good right out of the box.. I hate to think I through away money, but I like bikes, no kids and a good job. This one counts as my 5th for now, and my wife cut me off.. so today I showed her a motorcycle.. hopeing she will figure out the pedal type are cheaper..

I will let you all know how it handles..

C

enjoying the kool-aid
    Looks sweet man!! I can't wait to see it in action today!! I'll try to bring the camera and get some action shots!

Only One Way
    Sep 2004

Chewie

Quote Originally Posted by Chewieez
    Looks sweet man!! I can't wait to see it in action today!! I'll try to bring the camera and get some action shots!
    Chewie I did not know you where on here.... See you this afternoon, quite a group on the way..

C

mtbr member

the 2 argyles i've seen around are both broken, one of them was only ridden about 4 times for a total of less than 2 hours ride time(it barely made it thru a it's photo shoot for a mag before it clapped out). at least the other one didn't break for at least 3 weeks of riding.

both of them are stuck down and have about a half inch of fore aft slop. both of the owners also raved about how it was the "best fork they ever rode" well for al least a week....
    Huh just rode a little with Joe Prisel this morning and noticed that his argyle wasn't on his bike. Gotta ask him what happened. I will say this though that guy is a monster ans is really hard on parts! If it lasted him a week it would last me a season , LOL.

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Road
    No probs... I hope she lasts, sure feels good right out of the box.. I hate to think I through away money, but I like bikes, no kids and a good job. This one counts as my 5th for now, and my wife cut me off.. so today I showed her a motorcycle.. hopeing she will figure out the pedal type are cheaper..

I will let you all know how it handles..

C
    you gotta post pics of your new motorcycle for me too.. what did you buy?
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs