mtbr member
    Sep 2006

new to the DJ scene

what up guys??
    my name is Andy, i'm from Southern Indiana and I just bought a DJ mtb. I was just wondering if there were any trails and what not around here?
    or if you know of any 4 cross tracks around the area. I doubt there is, i heard the closest ones are in TN and a couple in VA.

mtbr member
    Isn't Indiana pretty flat? Look on the trails link on this site, it's broken up by states. Other than that find a hidden greenbelt or creek and start shoveling.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Got a back yard? Build your own!!

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/categor...s/pump-tracks/

mtbr remember
    hey Andy, what's up,
    I don't know much about Indiana, and I don't recall too many posters on here (not that I know that much about anyone anyway...) being from Indiana, but just like these guys said above.... what you don't have, you may as well start building! hopefully you can find some good land to work with. building your own stuff has many benefits as well... good luck...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i have bmx trails that i can ride at but they're pretty small and not much there, but it is something. I also am planning on riding it at our local BMX track, they just started to run 4cross there so im gonna get into that.
    I live by the Ohio river, we have trails all around here. it's mostly flat like in the middle and the northern part of indiana. I was mostly interested in jumps more than mtb trails.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by andy812
    i have bmx trails that i can ride at but they're pretty small and not much there, but it is something. I also am planning on riding it at our local BMX track, they just started to run 4cross there so im gonna get into that.
    I live by the Ohio river, we have trails all around here. it's mostly flat like in the middle and the northern part of indiana. I was mostly interested in jumps more than mtb trails.

well, that's a great thing that you already have a jump spot, even if they are small, that doesn't mean anything. Either build them up better, or if the bmx'ers have a thing against that, just build your own line in the same area.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    there is some guy from indiana that goes on here pretty often in both this and the DH/FR forum. maybe he'll chime in at some point.