Slopestyle Rider
    F'ing sick whip...

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    So, how is it?

How much air in the rear shock?

Meh.
    That thing is ill as all hell.

You may want to run the smaller air canister (or shim the air canister) in order to get some more midstroke support from the DHX-A.

Locs on Spokez
    holy **** mang. that is freaking amazing
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

Brackish
    That is the pimpest pimpedy pimp I have ever seen, nice work!

Meh.
    Are you using a bar end AND an ODI clamp? Why not use a bar end that also doubles as an ODI clamp?

Regardless... That thing looks pimp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Dude that looks totally f***ing sick

Ahahaha
    Oct 2007
    ffuuuuck
    thats amazing

dirt rules
    That thing is screaming: "WHISTLER BONEYARD" at me.

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    damn.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    man, thats exactly what i wanted to do to a cowan ds... damn

I post too much.
    Dayum.

mtbr member
    Sick build.
    May I know what saddle is that you have on?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    wow that thing is nasty looking...since id call that a dj or SS build,post that thing up in the dh/fr forum too
    so this is how you add a signature!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Got a spec list and final weight?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    friggin sick

Brackish
    Quote Originally Posted by BWVDubya
    Got a spec list and final weight?

Yeah , more detail shots and what's the spec list?

mtbr member
    I hate you... a lot. That's SO NASTY

The Beaver
    Sick
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I was fortunate enough to be able to build up exactly how i wanted. Weight wasn't really considered for any of the part selections, really just wants. She weighed in at 33.6.

seat is black market brass knuckle, bar end is straightline and is odi clamp just looks really wide in that pic, still playing with air pressures in shock dont know where i will end up.

major parts:

Profile hubs and cranks
    Tree chaninring
    Marz 4X WC fork
    Spank bars and stem
    Thompson post
    Hope headset
    DMR pedals
    Syncros Rims
    Code brakes with straightline levers

mtbr member
    Question... did you buy a set of codes? like f & r?

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    I don't care about the parts I just want to know how it rides. I'd assume you'd have to load it with air to get any amount of pedalbility of it.

mtbr remember
    wow. That thing is loud!

nice spec. list.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i am curious on the final price. gotta be close to $3G.

wanna divulge?

mtbr remember
    what is with the price questions??? I don't think I've ever seen that asked half as much as on this mtbr forum, it's weird.

Prices and total costs are all so relative, depends on who or where you get your parts from. Package deals, recycled parts, taxes, hot goods, sponsorships, used, etc., etc.

I gotta say, this one does indeed look like a heavy coin catalog queen, but hey, props for the build! If the OP really wants to throw the cost info up, go for it.... just something I personally find completely ridiculous to discuss.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Dave - didn't you know the more bank you have into you're whip, the better you ride? Sheesh get with the program...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i did buy a code for the front, but had some clearance issues so dont have it on yet.

Hit the sk8 park yesterday and some djs today. I came from an older specialzed sx 4x, the rear end on this feels shorter and much easier to pull front end up, but also had to remember to push down harder on the front end when jumping to get a balanced landing. Probably pull out a spacer on the steerer tube to drop it down a smidge. Bars are 28" and widest i have ever ridden so getting used to that as well, going to ride a bit and then decide if i want to cut some. I have no worries on "pedalbility" main use is for dj/urban/park, i have another bike for xc. Didn't really notice any serious bob after my first two rides for what thats worth. Yes, it obviously cost a pretty penny.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    That's a sharp looking build for sure. Nice work.

One of these days I'll build up a nice looking bike. All my bikes have tape on them, sticker goo, and odd ball parts. They look so terrible.

i like dirt.
    zomgz!!!1 sick sauce

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by InnovateorDie
    zomgz!!!1 sick sauce

alright gotta ask... what is "zomgz"? Is that some star wars talk or something?
    Is it like "yowzers" or "bonkers" or something like that?
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Just one word 'awesome'
    2008 Spesh P.1, Hope mono M4's
    Kona CoilAir
    Marin ??
    Prev
    MountainCycle SanAndreas
    Orange MsIsle
    Orange o2

Slopestyle Rider
    It's like SIKTORZ, but odder.

I walk up hills
    Very nice indeed!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    what is with the price questions??? I don't think I've ever seen that asked half as much as on this mtbr forum, it's weird.

Prices and total costs are all so relative, depends on who or where you get your parts from. Package deals, recycled parts, taxes, hot goods, sponsorships, used, etc., etc.

I...
    what is with the price question? i wanna know the price.

what is with you wanting to know what is with all the price questions?

"relative"... pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. all that stuff you said is so .. i can't believe you said all that stuff. "taxes". like wtf? duh. i just wanna know the otd cost was on that thing. most people keep track of that sh!t. i do.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by mild beast
    what is with the price question? i wanna know the price.

what is with you wanting to know what is with all the price questions?

"relative"... pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. all that stuff you said is so .. i can't believe you said all that stuff. "taxes". like wtf? duh. i just wanna know the otd cost was on that thing. most people keep track of that sh!t. i do.

Hey man, I'm not gonna argue with you over my opinion here... I think it's just amusing how you seem so caught off guard by my reply up there. Are you the guy who's always heard at drive-in's yellin', "Yo homie, that's a *****in' Camaro, how much are your payments and insurance costs?"... and no one has yet to tell you that's a pretty lame way of initiating conversation... ?

...and yeah, "taxes". They're real, believe it or not. Have you ever traveled anywhere my friend? Ever buy a bike or any other goods in Seattle, Chicago, NYC, etc... ? Taxes change whereever you go. Ever see bike prices in Australia or New Zealand? Fairly outrageous the differences in cost. You know this is an international board, people from all over, not the same little one horse town somewhere in everyday America. Of course, the "hot goods" little joke I threw in up there would be tax free, so no worries there, haha.

Now just realize I'm only messin' around here, no offense meant, it's all just words on a screen...
    And I honestly don't even know why I replied.... it's solely up to the original poster if he cares to share his financial situations and spendings with all the groms of the world.

oh hey, and A Grove, yeah, I better get on point! I'm on my way to the shop right now to pick up one of those new Scott carbon bikes for a cool $10k, hope it'll help me with my flip whips.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    How often would you say a DS bike is used or even wanted in a 4x race. I am in the process of building up my Yeti DJ which will serve as both my DJ and 4x bike. I am just wondering if I should be realistically looking at a DS bike for racing as well. I have my Bullit for DH racing but obviously its no 4x machine.
    I whip these -
    07 Yeti DJ, 08 Marx 4x WC
    05 SC Bullit, 05 Marz 66

http://pointoneracing.com/
    www.anthonybest.com

dirt rules
    Too clean.
    Get 'er dirty and post some ACTION SHOTS! wo0t!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    Hey man, I'm not gonna argue with you over my opinion here... I think it's just amusing how you seem so caught off guard by my reply up there. Are you the guy who's always heard at drive-in's yellin', "Yo homie, that's a *****in' Camaro, how much are your payments and insurance costs?"... and no one has yet to tell you that's a pretty lame way of initiating conversation... ?

...and yeah, "taxes". They're real, believe it or not. Have you ever traveled anywhere my friend? Ever buy a bike or any other goods in Seattle, Chicago, NYC, etc... ? Taxes change whereever you go. Ever see bike prices in Australia or New Zealand? Fairly outrageous the differences in cost. You know this is an international board, people from all over, not the same little one horse town somewhere in everyday America. Of course, the "hot goods" little joke I threw in up there would be tax free, so no worries there, haha.

Now just realize I'm only messin' around here, no offense meant, it's all just words on a screen...
    And I honestly don't even know why I replied.... it's solely up to the original poster if he cares to share his financial situations and spendings with all the groms of the world.
    LOL. why'd you reply? looks like you are butthurt about me being curious about your curiosity. while my curiosity is feigned, yours seems genuine (else you wouldn't respond).

"grom". lol. i just wanna know how much the bike cost. sorry this is such an offensive question to you (again, the sorrow is feigned). ice your a$$ and it might not sound so bad. duh.. of course he doesn't have to tell me what the price is .. what is with all the rhetorical answers?

and the comment on "taxes" and "brobrah deals" you noted.. again, a very large DUH. we all know about taxes, package deals, reusing parts. NOT worth mentioning. why bother mentioning that stuff? are you a grom? did you just learn about taxes? i live CALIFORNIA. the land of taxes. believe me, i know about. i didn't just learn about them .. or "bro deals, pro deals, package deals, etc. blah blah".

mtbr member
    pretty yes , to my liking no

mtbr member
    i need to change my pants!
    i ride my bi*ch hard

What's the Speed of Dark?
    Quote Originally Posted by RageHardIntoTheBendies
    Very nice indeed!
    your s/n is way to long.
    Tricks Like: The Heavy Metal Maniac's Dizz Flip, Redefine the Term "Radness"

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    first of all, awesome build. great color coordination, components, etc. seems as if you know what you're doing. i've been riding a cowan ds for a few months now and I couldn't be happier. I never did any stunts before, but this frame makes table-tops and other maneuverable tricks so much easier!

second of all, for the price-dudes-argument: thats why oregon rules - no sales tax!

and last, ZOMG is supposed to be an exaggerated OMG, with so much enthusiasm that Z is "accidentally" typed when pressing the shift key to make omg in caps.

dirt rules
    Ok, I looked it over and finally found something that would make it better....

Blue stanchions, and a white crown on the fork. THEN it would be too nice to ride.

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    That is dead set perfect. Congrats mate - your attention to detail was worthwhile!

Out of curiosity, how similar is a Cowan frame to a Coiler? I can't find any geometry diagrams on the Cowan DS anywhere..

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I like it. I think my Cowan hardtail needs more white...

SuperInstigator
    Okay...it's a bike...but how much did it cost???

J/K, that bike is pure sex and marijuana. At the same time. With Jimi Hendrix. NO!!! Not sex with Jimi Hendrix you necrophilic pervert!!! I mean LISTENING to Jimi.

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevr4
    That is dead set perfect. Congrats mate - your attention to detail was worthwhile!

Out of curiosity, how similar is a Cowan frame to a Coiler? I can't find any geometry diagrams on the Cowan DS anywhere..
    You should look a bit harder.

http://www.konaworld.com/08_bass_w.htm

On the right hand side - geometry.

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    I didn't realise that! Sort of similar geo. Still a fair way off though I spose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast