Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42

    New Built Black Market Riot

    check my new DJ bike. final weight is 27.5 lbs.

    By eam611, shot with Canon PowerShot SD850 IS at 2009-04-14

    By eam611, shot with Canon PowerShot SD850 IS at 2009-04-14
    By eam611, shot with Canon PowerShot SD850 IS at 2009-04-14
    Last edited by eam611; 04-14-2009 at 09:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,516
    Cool.

  3. #3
    fool goin up, joker down
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    615
    cool indeed

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    i will post components later.

  5. #5
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,516
    Can you resize the ridiculously sized picture?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Can you resize the ridiculously sized picture?
    x2!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Toasted BLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    136
    Sweet ride. I like the red accents with the grey frame. Same route I went. Let me know how the micro knobbies hold up. I was thinking of getting a pair for Rays, but wasn't sure how they would last on the pavement.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Can you resize the ridiculously sized picture?
    there you go!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted BLT
    Sweet ride. I like the red accents with the grey frame. Same route I went. Let me know how the micro knobbies hold up. I was thinking of getting a pair for Rays, but wasn't sure how they would last on the pavement.
    i saw your riot while i was building this one. Nice ride! The weather here is still kinda crazy.. pumps and tracks are still unridable at times... i'll let you know how the tires are holding up on trails. My LBS said their the most sought after street tires aside from krad and holly rollers.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Toasted BLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    136
    Nice job on the weight, 27.5lb is pretty light. Mine came in a fair bit heavier, mostly tied up in the fork, wheels, and tires I'm guessing. Where did you find the red ss spacers for the cassette? That's a nice touch.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted BLT
    Nice job on the weight, 27.5lb is pretty light. Mine came in a fair bit heavier, mostly tied up in the fork, wheels, and tires I'm guessing. Where did you find the red ss spacers for the cassette? That's a nice touch.
    i got the spacers from ebay.

  12. #12
    To "Air" Is Human
    Reputation: The Agency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    753
    Very nice! Have fun!

  13. #13
    LCA
    LCA is offline
    Local Shop Abuser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    114
    27 lbs come on really? How did you manage that? The riot is 31.5 if I am not mistaken.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by LCA
    27 lbs come on really? How did you manage that? The riot is 31.5 if I am not mistaken.
    that's true if you buy a whole BM riot. I'll bring it to my lbs and let them weigh it right. I used a regular analog scale. I'm not really a weight concious guy, so no contest at all.

  15. #15
    LCA
    LCA is offline
    Local Shop Abuser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by eam611
    that's true if you buy a whole BM riot. I'll bring it to my lbs and let them weigh it right. I used a regular analog scale. I'm not really a weight concious guy, so no contest at all.
    Did you buy it and then replace some of the parts? Or custom build it?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by LCA
    Did you buy it and then replace some of the parts? Or custom build it?
    Custom build.
    BM riot 21.5
    marzocchi DJ1 75mm(all air)
    Azonic outlaw (12t)
    Intense micro knobby
    26T animal chainring
    Primo cranks
    SRAM PC1
    truvativ stem & handlebar
    Colony saddle & seatpost
    Colony headset
    Deity grips
    BB7's.
    Azonic pedals.

  17. #17
    Fly fat ass fly !
    Reputation: JonnyFLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    166
    I love that ! Might have get me one .
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

  18. #18
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,862
    might be the angle of the camera, but I would take a good hard look at the dish on your rear wheel, seems like its off to the left....
    Trestle Bike Park

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    might be the angle of the camera, but I would take a good hard look at the dish on your rear wheel, seems like its off to the left....
    i've checked it and its straight. you're right, its just the angle of the camera. thanks for the input.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by LCA
    27 lbs come on really? How did you manage that? The riot is 31.5 if I am not mistaken.
    The weight of this BM riot as shown in the pictures is 27.7 lbs. now it came up to 28.4 lbs because i change the brakes from BB7's to shimano XT quad piston BR M755.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: quickneonrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    580
    how do you like the micro knobbies?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by quickneonrt
    how do you like the micro knobbies?
    if do a lot of street and urban, you'll love these tires. they roll fast, really fast. and because of the almost round profile, you'll not worry about slipping on turns even on dirt. just stay away from rocky and wet trail..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •