mtbr member
    Feb 2007

New Bikes on the Block: Dartmoor

This brand is huge over in Europe with a full line of street mtb parts. Just got my 24in Dartmoor Ghetto built up a few weeks ago - this frame is damn light and super sick. It has one piece hydroformed chainstays which look very trick. It just feels good to be on a frame where i feel just plain comfortable on again! Fork is temporary as are the wheels - bike came in at a tick over 27lbs as seen. Should be 1.25lbs ish less after new parts.

Build List:

Frame: Dartmoor Ghetto
    Wheels: Arrow FXR rims laced to Hope Rear, Ringle Front
    Tires: Odyssey Path
    Fork: Manitou Jumper
    Bars: Dartmoor Swing Low
    Stem: Thomson
    Grips: Now ODI Os
    Brakes: Avid BB7/Avid SD7
    Cranks: Colony Colonial
    Pedals: Dartmoor Fever
    Sprocket: Dartmoor Fetish
    Saddle: Colony Pivotal

mtbr member
    Nice! That looks sweet.

Can't get over those pedals. I thought the ones on my P1 was thick spiked, those are insane. Got a video yet? I love the red. I'm going to convert all the blue on my P1 to red soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    that looks awesome! especially with the red pedals and that really confusing fork that looks likes its on backwards hehe.....

mtbr member
    bad ass rig! Like the others I really dig the pedals. The stem throws it off for me though. Looks like it'd make you drape forward too much.

dirt rules
    It's a lot like the NS Capital. Geometry and weight, heat treated, etc.
    135mm rear though. If the TT was a little longer, I might be riding one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    yeah its similar to the capital - steep angles and short which is what i wanted. and i love doing abubacas and hate 990s so i wanted a 135mm rear end to run a disc brake

the long stem thing is from my days of trials riding - i got really used to long stems and i did actually try out a short "street" stem on this bike but it didnt feel right for me.

and the pedals are sick - they look killer, super light, bearings AND bushing at both ends, the front/back pins are through pins, bunch of ano colors...

dirt rules
    I like 24s and disc brakes as well. I run front and back brakes, always have.
    I'm actually working on getting a custom 20mm disc ready rigid fork built that is going to just fit a 24" wheel. (NO suspension correction)
    I'm then going to have a custom frame built to my specs, so what I end up with is a cruiser with disc brakes, and mtb geometry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    a nice 24 rigid fork w/o the gap for 24/26 should look very very nice

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    i like the seatpost clamp

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Ya I'm curious whats going on with seat clamp. What are the mechanics of it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    basically, the clamp works just like the thomson system for their stems seen here:

there are two aluminum pieces which clamp on the seat post and are held together by a bolt - the actual hole (and by hole i mean perpendicular running tube...theres not just a drilled through hole in the frame) for the whole mechanism has material running all the way around the tube so there is still a solid bead running all the way around the toptube and the seattube. so the system is just as strong as any toptube seattube junction would need to be.

it works great and looks real clean and trick too

E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Where did you order this frame from? I have a 09 NS Capital 2 that i am building up.
    Best Regards,
    Eric C.
    Morewood Bikes USA, 661, SDG, Sunline, SPY Optics, TLD

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    through the US distributor for Dartmoor products: www.dartmoorusa.com