mtbr member
    Mar 2009

New bike, need your thoughts

Im looking to upgrade my 2005 GT Chucker 2.0/ and could use some help, i havent been into biking for a while and am out of the loop when it comes to the specs and tech(if that makes any sense)

Im looking at either a KHS DJ 300 or Jamis Komodo 1 or 2.
    Im hoping to do dirt jumping and some xc. I dont mind the extra weight for xc which is why i want a dirt jumper. however im 6'2 and about 170 pounds. and i am very hard on my bikes.

So my question is what size frame should I be looking at? both those models come in medium and large. right now im leaning towards the KHS in a large....im just not completely convinced this is the way to go..

mtbr member
    i like the STP as a complete. nice set of components that shouldn't break too easily even if you hard on bikes.
    i ride my bi*ch hard

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    x2 on the stp. personally wouldnt go for the jamis. heavy and i'm not impressed with the weld quality with the ones i've seen at work. giant offers a large frame on the stp should be perfect we have a few guys xc-ing the large frame with a longer post
    you are bad at eating sandwiches!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I have a Jamis 1 and I just got my STP for Dirt Jumping and I love it. Im also hard on bikes and I havn't broken anything on this. however I am thinking of selling my STP and the jamis and getting a Blk Mrkt riot.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    another STP vote

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thanks for the help, im definitely leaning towards an stp now. either the 0 or 1. probably in a large.

is it worth the extra cash to go for the 0 rather than the 1?

and sorry for all the questions...that gt was a piece of garbage, i dont want to go through that hassle again