mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Need help building the most badass uban bike!!!!

Hey all!! SO I am still deployed, and I am almost done buying all the dream parts for my urban mountian bike...........MINUS the wheels. Do any of you know what rear wheel comes single-speed ready? Or would it jsut be cheaper buying the single-speed kit off a website and installing that on the rear wheel of a wheel set? Any suggestions would be humungously appreciated. (duno if thats a word or not)

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Theres not a lot of options out there for a true single disc cassette hub. Doing the spacer kit is going to be the cheapest no doubt!

If you're hard core and want the real **** then you can't go wrong with Atomlab Pimplites, they'll build some great wheels for ya too. I've heard good things about Azonic Outlaws if you're not looking to spend a lot of money.

If you're building custom wheels (as any dream bike should have haha ) DMR makes a nice single disc cassette hub for like 180. Otherwise Profile and Chris King rank supreme amongst BMXers.

humungous cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    kickass man thank you tons, that was allot of helpful info!!

mtbr member
    The NS Rotary single is a kick ass hub and very lightweight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i went with stock eastern night train wheels, 20mm brake less front, and the rears 10mm bolts, and it comes with a 12t driver. They've been holding up really well, i just switched to a 10t driver.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Awesome, thank you!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Atomlab Pimp or Spank Tweet Tweet are great!