destructionismyobjective

My rays experience+pics!

So me and my buddy went down to rays for opening weekend. We rode thurs and fri nights didnt make saturday cause of my complications. The park is sweet! Total blast! Only complaint is how the jump sections are set up. Thay are too close or have crappy runways. But overall ray did an awesomw jobon a 85000 sq ft bike park. Fri night was cool bunch of pros tearin it up plus Gary Fisher himself was there. Unfortunatly we didnt make sat opening day cause I broke two fingers on my left hand friday night. I did it at 5 and rode till 10 then they closed the park and we hung and watched the pros rip it up for abou an hour then proceeded to the hospital. But ity was worth it. ill just have to be more carefull next time. I was just so amped to get to ride the park I went balls out buck wild and payed the price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

destructionismyobjective
    Btw my pics are going into the foam pit. Here are some pics of the damage I did to my fingers, supposedly the bloody one is the broken one and my index is just jammed badly but i got to go back o the doctor I think the index is broken too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004
    Gnarly looking finger you got there Sorry to hear you got hurt...fingers hurt the worst don't they?

There is a group in the Nashville, TN area hoping to go in January to Rays and I hope to possibly go with them.

Thanks for posting up the pics

Portland, OR
    sorry to hear about your fingers, get well soon bro.

How was the bitter there ? I see mosy of the people are on mobs and TOP's there. what was that trek bike w/ the reba?
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

destructionismyobjective
    The Bitter was decent there. The trek is my buddies fuel ex8. I kinda felt like a jackass cause thier rentals there are bitters. But then I didnt feel so bad when one of the pros owned one painted all black and I was watching him ding backflips and 360s on it. I think that a 24incher SS is a little more suited for this place--well the jump sections anyways.

I post too much.
    Gnarly, looks hella fun, I heard there was a smaler version of rays in montreal, 2 and a half hours away from here.

mtbr member
    awesome pics...i moved to Cleveland from CA for a few years and now i've been back in CA for a while..if i ever go back there during this time of year im bringing my bike.

When in doubt, go faster
    Realy wanna get out there sometime.

kona-tize me captain
    that place is so close yet so far, god i wana go
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

I post too much.
    How did you break those fingers though?

destructionismyobjective
    Not sure exactly, I went down in the sport section on the 3 table tops but im not sure how I got my fingers.

I post too much.
    Weird things sometimes happen. Get well soon man, being away from the bike hurts(I know, it's in my room right now collecting dust, damn snow!)

mtbr member
    looks fun
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?