Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I <3 dirt
    So did you just use some washers to space out the rear hub for the 135mm spacing?

Wait....14mm disc bmx hub? Am I seeing that right?
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

I <3 dirt
    Also another question; who is making your frames? Standard bykes?
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    So did you just use some washers to space out the rear hub for the 135mm spacing?

Wait....14mm disc bmx hub? Am I seeing that right?
    The frame is made for a 135mm hub....so no spacers. Both the BB and spacing is MTB all the way with disc mounts, just like most DJ frames on the market.

The hub is a 14mm axle with disc brake. I wanted to run the 11t driver so I could run my 23t sprocket up front. I filed the axle to allow the frame to slide onto it. Really easy to do. I plan to get a normal 10mm axle hub as soon as I find one with an 11t driver option. I think DMR might make one and Profile too.

We have sold 3 of these right away and have a few pending orders. Since this is a brand new product and we are a newer company, I would say that's pretty good. There frames ride super nice and with the slammed rear end, they pop super easily!

mtbr member
    Also another question; who is making your frames? Standard bykes?
    Yes, Standard Bykes makes our BMX frames and this frame. Peacock Groove makes our Wirth mountain bike frame, which is designed to be an XC frame for someone who comes from a BMX type background. Very agile and fun to ride all while still comfortable for the long haul.

I <3 dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by manual63 View Post
    The frame is made for a 135mm hub....so no spacers. Both the BB and spacing is MTB all the way with disc mounts, just like most DJ frames on the market.

The hub is a 14mm axle with disc brake. I wanted to run the 11t driver so I could run my 23t sprocket up front. I filed the axle to allow the frame to slide onto it. Really easy to do. I plan to get a normal 10mm axle hub as soon as I find one with an 11t driver option. I think DMR might make one and Profile too.

We have sold 3 of these right away and have a few pending orders. Since this is a brand new product and we are a newer company, I would say that's pretty good. There frames ride super nice and with the slammed rear end, they pop super easily!
    I must have missed it....what hub is it? I just didn't know a 135mm hub with disc mounts and a 14mm axle existed. I've done the file thing before back in the day on a bmx bike. Works well and much better then flat 14mm axles they used to make.

Quote Originally Posted by manual63 View Post
    Yes, Standard Bykes makes our BMX frames and this frame. Peacock Groove makes our Wirth mountain bike frame, which is designed to be an XC frame for someone who comes from a BMX type background. Very agile and fun to ride all while still comfortable for the long haul.
    That's awesome. Those guys really know their stuff for sure! Ill have to check out the rest of your line up
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    I must have missed it....what hub is it? I just didn't know a 135mm hub with disc mounts and a 14mm axle existed. I've done the file thing before back in the day on a bmx bike. Works well and much better then flat 14mm axles they used to make.
    It's an Eastern hub. Came off of a 2007 Night Train I had laying around. This frame is about 2 pounds lighter than my old Night Train frame and about 1 pound lighter than the current frames they make. This frame is also a lot stronger due to it's OX Platinum top and down tubes....which is how we can make them so light at right around 4 1/2 pounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2