Thread: My new DJ frame

mtbr member

My new DJ frame

I currently own a 2007 Eastern Night Train. A couple of years ago, I decided to buy as much U.S. Made bicycle products as possible.

I ordered an f-bom bikes B-26 frame. Specs are below.

Full specs and pics of the f-bom B-26 frame | f-bom bikes

When I get my frame and build it up, I will send more pics. Mine will be painted Transparent Green.

Rock On!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    That frame looks badass. I just picked up a 2011 night train. Should have it Friday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTCobra03 View Post
    That frame looks badass. I just picked up a 2011 night train. Should have it Friday.
    Yeah, I am pretty stoked. I don't know what the new Night Trains weight in at, but my 2007 is heavy. This new B-26 is only 4lbs 9oz.......damn light! It has an OX Platinum top and down tube, so it will be both lighter and stronger than the Night Train I have now. I am also happy that my new frame will be U.S. Made........not made in Taiwan like all the Eastern stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Supposedly frame is 5.6lbs
    I picked up the complete bike used as a second bike. Dirt jumping on my 29er worked but I think Ill have a lot more fun on a DJ bike!

mtbr member
    Supposedly frame is 5.6lbs
    I picked up the complete bike used as a second bike. Dirt jumping on my 29er worked but I think Ill have a lot more fun on a DJ bike!
    Yes, I think you will be much happier on a 26. Not so much because of the wheel size, but because a 29er is likely an XC geometry and a dedicated DJ geometry will be nice to have. XC bikes are a bit awkward to jump with because of the longer stems and more leaned forward position they put you in.

If a 29er was made with DJ geometry, it might not be so bad.....at least the bigger wheels would add to some stability in the air.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    People at my local trails thought I was nuts jumping the 29er!
    I am fine jumping the 29er but we go right to the jumps now so I figured why not just grab a used DJ bike and save the 29er for singletrack.

mtbr member
    People at my local trails thought I was nuts jumping the 29er!
    I am fine jumping the 29er but we go right to the jumps now so I figured why not just grab a used DJ bike and save the 29er for singletrack.
    Yeah, I was riding and jumping an XXIX singlespeed and it was fine once I adjusted to the 29 inch wheels. But it was a lot of effort pulling up the front wheel. I put on a shorter stem and that helped, but once I got onto a dedicated DJ bike, it was a lot nicer to jump with. Not that I couldn't handle the 29er, it just was a big effort and the 26 inch DJ was a lot more fun.

I think you will like your new bike for DJing.....a lot.

mtbr member
    Oh, BTW this will be the color of my new f-bom B-26 frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new DJ frame-621773_10150977847381048_1384025068_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I hope I like it! Coming from the bmx world years ago I'm still getting used to jumping a bigger bike but it comes back!
    Post up pics when you get the new bike built.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Looks like a dope frame. Agreed it feels good to buy genuine USA made parts... you definitely get what you pay for