mtbr member
    Aug 2006

My Go-Far Kicker

Me and my bro built this over night, it could have used alittle more lip but its a nice gap jump. Super light for its size and built super stiff Alittle north shore style in there makes it look kick ass.

Action shots comin when we find a suitable landing (or build one), and get some transport wheels on this thing. Its nice.

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    sweet! gotta get some action shots of her up so we can see your work being put to use!!
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs

bah!
    nice! How high is it? looks around 40-45" ? Looking forward to the action shots.
    - NS Surge Custom Build in process

mtbr member
    ya, that looks like it could send you....its pretty sick.

i say throw'er on the crest of a large hill (local tobaogan hill) and send it all the way donw the hill with that thing

mtbr remember
    very nice work. yeah, I saw another guy welded himself up one with a kinda similar profile to that, then put wheels on it and some other things so that way you can tow it behind a bike, then scout out some sick spots. He posted up a pic of him backflipping it over a guardrail the down the hill on the side of a highway overpass. nuts.... forgot where I saw the pics... I think he was from florida of all places too...

gonna put some sand paper on there? grassy street tires don't mix well with wood and high speed!
    Schralp it Heavy.

Premium Member
    Looks good! Another tip for grip is to use chicken wire on it so it's not as slippery. Both chicken wire and, as Satori said, sandpaper work well.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    Looks good! Another tip for grip is to use chicken wire on it so it's not as slippery. Both chicken wire and, as Satori said, sandpaper work well.
    yeah, nice idea... also, old shingles. but with the shingles and sandpaper, you have to be careful how you attach it, you can't just nail them only, cuz they will tear and rip off over time, try using some industrial adhesive as well....
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    very nice work. yeah, I saw another guy welded himself up one with a kinda similar profile to that, then put wheels on it and some other things so that way you can tow it behind a bike, then scout out some sick spots. He posted up a pic of him backflipping it over a guardrail the down the hill on the side of a highway overpass. nuts.... forgot where I saw the pics... I think he was from florida of all places too...

gonna put some sand paper on there? grassy street tires don't mix well with wood and high speed!
    thats uncle jimmi. i know where some pics are but not sure if i can post them from school

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dogg
    thats uncle jimmi. i know where some pics are but not sure if i can post them from school
    yep, that's the guy! He had a 100% chrome/polished P frame and fork... post up those pics if you have some, I haven't seen that in awhile...
    Schralp it Heavy.

resident dumbass
    I'd be afraid to go off of that . . . But that's because I'm not a very good DJer.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

rock hard or hardrock
    can you put up a pic from the side of the whole thing i want to see what the "skeleton" looks like because i am looking to build one.....and what is the face of the jump made of they look to thin for 2x4's so what are they....that is if you dont mind me getting some ideas from your jump
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

I post too much.
    Lookin' good. I'd most definitely hit it. It could make for a very nice drop too.

Too Kool for Skool
    Thats pretty close to what im going to build soon. What are the demensions? Is that deck wood on top?
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

mtbr member
    gto any action pics yet?

thats what we are all really waiting for