what nice teeth you have

mountain cycle rumble sizing / Forte loco wheels (good/bad)

We have a new state sponsored dirt jump park and pump track here in fort collins. Looking at getting the mtn cycle rumble frame (in college so doing it on the cheap) and could use some help with sizing. I am 6' 210 lbs. I am new to the whole jumping thing. Got back into cycling about a year ago and want to learn how to learn how to jump and land safely. Also is the forte loco wheel decent?
    Last edited by nadinno78; 04-13-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: wheel info

Portland, OR
    I have a M or "Medium" or 17" MC Rumble as well as the forte loco front wheel. I'm still not totally sure if I like the rumble or not. I'm kind of trying to find a purpose for it. the size small or 15" has too short of a toptube for you. the medium feels terrible with a fork less than 130mm

The loco has been great so far. its a 36 hole pinned but not welded version of the azonic outlaw. Its been great so far, stiff, stays true etc. also it looks very cool. I used this setup for jumping today, didn't really like it at all. I switched to my P. series (actual DJ frame with a 90mm fork up front) loads of a difference. I was able to actually ride my bike!

I think the rumbles are more suited twords XC/AM/FR

[SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

I post too much.
    If you want to do it cheap have you considered buying complete? You'll get a much better deal than starting from a frame, as I think rumbles are frame only(are they?).

I'd look at an azonic steelhead if you're looking at frames.

what nice teeth you have
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    If you want to do it cheap have you considered buying complete? You'll get a much better deal than starting from a frame, as I think rumbles are frame only(are they?).

I'd look at an azonic steelhead if you're looking at frames.
    Yeah the rumble would be built up from the frame.
    I've also been looking at the kona stuff and shreds as complete bikes. I might be able to get 15% off retail on one, which would probably but the price below what I could build the rumble with. The biggest kicker for building is the cost of the fork. I already have the front wheel (outlaw, kicking myself for ebaying the rear) and am confident I could keep the cost down on the drive train.
    Was also drooling over the jackal but the frame is twice as much as the rumble.

mtbr member
    jackal a great frame though. Probs not the best if you are 6' though. I found that i've needed a bigger size than recommended to feel comfortable
    i ride my bi*ch hard

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005

Black Market

The Black Market 357!!!
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX