rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Morewood Ndiza HT frame any good?

I stopped by my LBS today to look at a haro zero and STP....and the mech suggested a morewood ndiza frame to me. It's one of his friend's frames and is selling it fairly cheap. It's an 03/04 avacado green ht. it's brand new..and was just built, and then parted out and the frame/headset/seat post are all that' left.

I was just wondering what ppl thought of these frames...all the threads i see on here are about the FS and none really about the HT.

also..what woudl be a good price for the frame?

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    any opinions?
    picking it up tommorrow....and just trying to see how ppl view them

I post too much.
    I don't know much about that frame so I can't help you, I've heard the name a few times though.

mtbr member
    morewood seems to be known for great products...im sure you won't be disappointed

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    well, i picked up the frame today...came with an FSA "The pig" headset and a kalloy seat post w/quick release... prob swap out to a diff seat post sometime..it's HEAVY..but that's ok.

now, i just have to figure out my build...here's what i'm thinking:
    frame: morewood ndiza
    headset: the pig
    crank/bb: saint
    rear der.:LX mid cage
    wheels: not sure yet...thinking maybe halo sas in white. there's a set at my LBS for a decent price..which is why i'm considering these. might just do the rhynolite/xt deal from somewhere though
    brakes: not sure yet...most likely v-brake rear and disk front while retaining a shimano shifter/lever set i have to save money for the rear. prob do a hydro rear disk
    fork: another big thing i'm not sure of. i can get a dj3 for REALLY cheap at the LBS...it's not really a great trail fork...but it should suffice for me, for now..and for the price

so...any suggestions or info...or **** talking...or anything...post post post
    Last edited by rhd; 11-07-2006 at 01:34 PM.

#1 Ho
    What are you wanting to use it for.....also I have a mazocchi dirt jam pro and a sun single track wheel for cheap, but of course its all up to what you want to use the bike for. Shoot me a pm if your interested.
    Last edited by MPauB1386; 10-25-2006 at 12:46 PM.
    [[SIZE=2]Go big then go home[/SIZE]

I post too much.
    Looks good . What will be your primary use? And what kind of budget are you on?

mtbr remember
    that looks like a very high quality frame. I like it, even though not my numbers at all....

pretty long and raked with a 67deg HA! wow.... just saw those numbers.... and their recommended fork for that year was a Float100rlc... damn.

anyway, should make a sick am or fr hardtail. I like the looks of the NdizaST as well, nice.

I would probably go dual disc, 1X9 setup with chainguide on your ride, and SAS's are pretty beefy (heavy), but I liked them. Pretty wide too, but make sure your tires are correct psi, cuz I got several dents in them before I ebayed them... I had the black ones with Diatech hubs (I don't think they are using diatech hubs anymore since they are making their own...)
    as for the fork, I don't know what your aimed primary use will be? what year DJ3 are you looking at? if you are trail riding, I would not recommend that fork. The only dj3 I would recommend is an 06+ and only for street/dj/park riding specifically.
    Schralp it Heavy.

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    ok....main use for the bike:
    i don't know.........haha

i'm JUST starting to ride again, i had bought a trek7000 a few weeks back and am planning on using it for light trails and what not...mostly exercise orinted stuff.

i bought this frame...well, honestly, cause it was fairly cheap and i liked the looks of it..lol

the guys at the LBS invited me to start coming on sunday's and riding with them (very cool part of the bike scene..motor or bi, ppl are just so nice about inviting you to ride/hang out with them...don't get that as much with cars these days!) so i think i wanna make it ABLE to do some light trail duty..mostly downhill (not crazy...just trails that slope downward..haha) with growing duty at the dirt jumps. we only have 1 place with jumps setup...and it's not really a flow or pump type course...just random jumps around...and i want to do them and get better at it so i can just build my own here, later. I also plan to ride it around town and jump off stuff like short docks, stairs, and the like.

basically:
    light trail
    light dirt jump
    light around town

nothing super crazy yet...i have to get back my feeling for riding before i do that.

i just want a setup that'll be good in all areas...but not great at any particular one.

the fork i looked at..i'm not really sure. i BELIEVE it's an 04 or 05...maybe? it's flat black and has an 04 on the fork..so i ASSUME it's an 04 model? i'll have to ask. All i know is that it's BRAND NEW and he's asking $150 for me...since i'm buying other parts as well.

and for wheels....i'm open to suggestions. they had the white halo's in...and they're badass 48 spoked rear...that should handle my 240+ lbs on some jumps. I talked to another guy there...and he said AT MINIUMUM with my weight and what not, he'd run the rhynolite/ls setup...or outlaws..or something-max wheels he had (they were like $350/set though...so negative on that)

i want to build this up with a fairly small budget for now. i'm moving and have plenty of bills to eat up my toy funds right now....so cheaper is better...but i want cheaper to last. so..not bottom of the barrel blow outs...more like.. yeah, not perfect...but it sure works for the money type things.

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    oh...forgot
    i am wanting to go 1x9. lx mid cage rear derialuer...or the 0.7 sram... would like to just do the shimano..since i have a shifter here...but, that's meant for my trek...so i'll prob have to a new one anyways.

and brakes...disk front, and v-brake rear..just to save a little money...for now. i need some suggestions on which ones to run too. i was told that i wanted hydro by a few ppl...and good mech's by others... but..i really have no clue. there were only a few disk brakes out the last time i was riding (back in 98-99) except on the really high end stuff ( i had a mongoose rockadile...cheap but did what i needed)