• razzin idiot

0 0%
  • Epschoenly

0 0%
  • free-rider-down-hiller

1 7.14%
    mtbr member

the moment youve all been waiting for

alright, this is it...but lets lay down some rules.

1. You cannot vote for yourself...all people on this list must say who they voted for below

2. no late entries will be accepted as it will complicat this and as far as i know the poll is un-editable, so if you dont have you entry up...sorry

3. if i missed your name then tell me and we will include you, but i am including both threads (original, and geometry) and reading every post i think it will be hard to miss someone

4. if you have more than one suggestion, you and rick shall decide which one suits best.

5. poll closes in 24 hours, so tommorow night, we will declare the final geometry

What are you looking at?
    Is this RTW aproved?

JK
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    hahaha, anyway, reading through the threads i just took full specs, something you can build a bike out of. not really low standover and a highish bottom bracket...it had to include seat tube, head tube angles as well as chainstay, toptube and some more lengths

all bike cad pictures were accepted

mtbr member
    snaky69, you got my vote

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I voted for Cru's. Very unique looking.
    Free Rider, yours would've been my 2nd vote.
    pUt Da LiMe In Da CoKe YoU nUt

What are you looking at?
    cru got my vote too.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

i suck at riding
    May 2006
    i approve of snaky69's geo, vote in

FR, you got second approval

i suck at riding
    May 2006
    OH its tied!!!

What are you looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by psyber_0ptix
    OH its tied!!!
    Gasp!
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    the tension

I post too much.
    I voted for you free rider.

Edit: And I'd keep it up for 48 or even 72 hours, because not everyone comes here everyday. But it's your poll.

rock hard or hardrock
    whoops i voted for myself on accident i didnt read before i voted....my bad

i like cru's dropout design but i like snakys overall desigh better my vote (if it can be changed) goes for snaky
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

i suck at riding
    May 2006
    otherwise whow ould have voted for?

rock hard or hardrock
    what? if you are talking to me i would of voted for snaky
    www.transitionbikes.com

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by free rider
    alright, this is it...but lets lay down some rules.

1. You cannot vote for yourself...all people on this list must say who they voted for below

2. no late entries will be accepted as it will complicat this and as far as i know the poll is un-editable, so if you dont have you entry up...sorry

3. if i missed your name then tell me and we will include you, but i am including both threads (original, and geometry) and reading every post i think it will be hard to miss someone

4. if you have more than one suggestion, you and rick shall decide which one suits best.

5. poll closes in 24 hours, so tommorow night, we will declare the final geometry
    You missed me. XSL_WiLL.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You missed me. XSL_WiLL.
    haha, oops....alright, i cant edit a poll so XSL_WILL is also a poll option.

hmm, should we just do this again will a 3 day poll, because as snaky69 said not everybody comes here in a day, and i missied XSL_WILL ( who will have to be an ad on because there are only 10 options on a poll

Do it again?

i suck at riding
    May 2006
    redo!

but negate all the options that werent voted for, and add XSwills

that way we have narrowed it down some

Only One Way
    Sep 2004
    Missed mine on the original post.. no worries though the principle is still there though..

C

rock hard or hardrock
    redo!!
    www.transitionbikes.com

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    crujones' got my vote

mtbr member
    Yah damn right I voted for Cru!

Salsa Shark
    Snaky
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

mtbr member
    goooooo free rider!!!!

you got my vote
    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried drugs if you are in the 98% and you are proud to be stoney, go light up a fat blunt ...if your a stoner copy and paste this to your signature

mtbr remember
    hmmm... I'm a bit confused here, not quite the moment I've been waiting for....
    where are all of these user's geometries listed at that we are supposed to vote for??? It may be hard to vote for only one specifically when there are small aspects of each one that make sense, etc...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    geo's in a nother thread

and if you dont like those make your own

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    hmmm... I'm a bit confused here, not quite the moment I've been waiting for....
    where are all of these user's geometries listed at that we are supposed to vote for??? It may be hard to vote for only one specifically when there are small aspects of each one that make sense, etc...
    Don't worry Bike,
    I'm keepin a list, and your on it.

RTW.

I post too much.
    Oh crap! I just had a revelation, let me pull out my photoshop skillz!

I post too much.
    It is very crude since I have to go to bed, but here it is. Kinked top tup, but same geo. standover height is lowered
    Last edited by snaky69; 01-07-2007 at 06:54 AM.

mtbr remember
    Nice thinking, a bit like what RTW first laid out when the topic began, like I said then, idea like the banshee scratch, with the kinked tt anyway. But, it goes against the sweet, straight shooter lines everyone seems to dig and want to aim for...
    I just have to say, your quick rendition there for some reason reminds me of my old echo urban trials bike...

Don't worry Bike,
    I'm keepin a list, and your on it.

RTW.
    well, much obliged, genuine fellow. But, I was just curious as to how this "voting" thing may be directing the project more towards a "look at mine" type of deal, instead of everyone coming to a common conclusion on each aspect. It may be a much slower process, but I think a better direction. of course, no doubt, there will be disagreements, but hey, that's how things go. and I must say, RTW, this is def. a first. wayta' revolutionize participation on an internet forum!
    Schralp it Heavy.

rock hard or hardrock
    yea i think every one should come to a common conclusion like BS said
    www.transitionbikes.com

Premium Member
    Damn, I just went to vote for Cru and of course the poll shut right then.

mtbr member
    aight, well it looked like there are mixed opinions on this, cru jones is the winner, but with a maximum of 10 options, its not terribly legit. i guess a pole is not right for this...what do you all think, and as someone said this might be a hey look what i did kinda deal, where actual geometry and workability (yes i make up words) are not taken into consideration

at least i tried, i guess we should not call this legit, as many partial suggestions. to go along with the fact many people did not look at a working frame design and just voted for the best looking

what do you guys think...and i know this wasnt the greatest idea.

will it be cru-jones by popular demand, or a lengthy descusion about a working design

I post too much.
    I think my design would work with the proper chainstay yoke. Actually most designs posted would work IMO.

mtbr member
    How bout we just let RTW choose who gets this bike. He's a smart dude and I have much confidence in him to make a good descision. He's the one making it so just leave the "who gets it" part out of this and he can decide when he wants to. Hell, it may look so good, Rick will want to keep it!

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    leats not have a lengthy discusion because it would be hard to satisfy everyone and if you did the design would be to compramised imo

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I agree with bikeSATORI in the fact that one person's whole design should not determine the whole bike. Each and every person has participated and given a contribution so it would be best, in my opinion, to take the most popular parts of each design and combine them, not have a "build my bike only" contest. I think this way would prove to make a more unique bike.

What are you looking at?

I Agree

Quote Originally Posted by dosh142
    I agree with bikeSATORI in the fact that one person's whole design should not determine the whole bike. Each and every person has participated and given a contribution so it would be best, in my opinion, to take the most popular parts of each design and combine them, not have a "build my bike only" contest. I think this way would prove to make a more unique bike.
    I agree completely
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member

i agree, i was wrong in the way i was trying to do this....

I post too much.
    That is actually a great idea.

mtbr remember

yeah, you know how I almost saw this going (not anywhere near to this extent, but...) is that someone post up a factory catalog, such as kinesis, or one of the big taiwan manufacturers, then everyone vote on a picture of a catalogued frame with preset geometries (example of a cookie cutter here for you), then everybody votes on it, RTW builds one from his stock and we slap on some of our stickers and call it a custom (whew, I'm glad it would never go this way)....
    we need some creative, yet 100% functional flow, like look at how most everyone immediately dug Cru Jones' dropouts, that's some good, original stuff right there. Same with even the idea for inline straight shooter tt/seatstays, and a few other things...
    Most of all we want something that is mtbr.com (keyword here) "urban/dj/park" certified bonafide and somewhat mutually agreed upon! this isn't the 29'er forum, or the DH/FR forum, or any other. Now, One Love, One Bike, let's get together and contemplate! how's that for inspirational, haha.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    satori that really inspired me.....

and straight tts all the way

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    yeah, you know how I almost saw this going (not anywhere near to this extent, but...) is that someone post up a factory catalog, such as kinesis, or one of the big taiwan manufacturers, then everyone vote on a picture of a catalogued frame with preset geometries (example of a cookie cutter here for you), then everybody votes on it, RTW builds one from his stock and we slap on some of our stickers and call it a custom (whew, I'm glad it would never go this way)....
    we need some creative, yet 100% functional flow, like look at how most everyone immediately dug Cru Jones' dropouts, that's some good, original stuff right there. Same with even the idea for inline straight shooter tt/seatstays, and a few other things...
    Most of all we want something that is mtbr.com (keyword here) "urban/dj/park" certified bonafide and somewhat mutually agreed upon! this isn't the 29'er forum, or the DH/FR forum, or any other. Now, One Love, One Bike, let's get together and contemplate! how's that for inspirational, haha.

OK, this post was the moment I was waiting for.
    The last paragraph of it was mind reading.
    Every design I have looked at here has a piece of an Urban/DJ/Park rider's mind in it.
    Exactly what I was looking for.
    I can't tell you all how cool it has been to sit here and look at this everyday, watching it grow.
    Unbelievable.
    Now it is time to make a frame. So, here's the deal,
    The frame will have Cru's dropouts. They are just too sick !
    And, the frame will have Free Riders paint scheme, the red & white, black flames, again, too fvckin sick !
    We will have the shortest chainstays I can pull off with a 26 tire. One thing about Cru's d/o's, it will look even shorter than it is
    I'm pretty sure I'll have to kink the seat tube for the 26'' tires, but trust me, it will look wicked........
    Now, theres just one more small problem, effective top tube length ( @ 70 degrees ), and BB height.
    While I'm fabricating the Cru's, you guys post your preference, along with your reason for it.
    Also, I'm thinking 1.5 head tube, eh ? @ 69 degrees.
    I'll be checking back, and thanks to all for your patience.
    Patience is a virtue, not a waste of time.
    Always remember, measure twice, cut once.
    It just gets better from this point.
    RTW.

Salsa Shark
    Yay! I can't wait!
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthewelder
    OK, this post was the moment I was waiting for.
    The last paragraph of it was mind reading.
    Every design I have looked at here has a piece of an Urban/DJ/Park rider's mind in it.
    Exactly what I was looking for.
    I can't tell you all how cool it has been to sit here and look at this everyday, watching it grow.
    Unbelievable.
    Now it is time to make a frame. So, here's the deal,
    The frame will have Cru's dropouts. They are just too sick !
    And, the frame will have Free Riders paint scheme, the red & white, black flames, again, too fvckin sick !
    We will have the shortest chainstays I can pull off with a 26 tire. One thing about Cru's d/o's, it will look even shorter than it is
    I'm pretty sure I'll have to kink the seat tube for the 26'' tires, but trust me, it will look wicked........
    Now, theres just one more small problem, effective top tube length ( @ 70 degrees ), and BB height.
    While I'm fabricating the Cru's, you guys post your preference, along with your reason for it.
    Also, I'm thinking 1.5 head tube, eh ? @ 69 degrees.
    I'll be checking back, and thanks to all for your patience.
    Patience is a virtue, not a waste of time.
    Always remember, measure twice, cut once.
    It just gets better from this point.
    RTW.
    wow, its exciting to think this is actually getting under way...one thing i really liked about my frame (sorry, i dont like complementing myself, but i thought it was sick) was the green highlights on the white part, like maybe some green pinstrip flames on the down tube near the seat post...ill draw up a picture in paint...i think it would look sweet, with a small mtbr.com, or urban/dj/park signature...the paint will be a second here

alright, sorry for the horriblness ( i dont know what was worse, the pic...or my attempt to make up words) but here it is...its probably about the last 5-8 inches of the down tube, near the seat tube...im sure you knwo that im saying with a thin flame closest to the head tube (5-8 inches from the seat tube) and getting wider, till it reaches the seat tube...where ti will expand over a mtbr, or this forum retated word or two.

get my idea?
    Last edited by free rider; 09-05-2006 at 10:12 PM.

mtbr member
    and shes a updated

I post too much.
    Well rick, I think it'll be one helluva sick bike. HA should, IMO be slightly steeper than 69 degrees, you should aim for 70, or 70.5, seat tube angle will be decided by how short the chainstays will get. I think you should aim for a 11.5'' or 12'' BB height, just so that it won't ride too funky if the person that'Ll get the frame decides to put on some 24's on it. 1.5 headtube, hell yeah, I only see benefits in that. TT length should be at least 22'', I like a roomy cockpit and it seemed to be the general trend in the geo thread(correct me if I'm wrong).

If anyone has anything to add, please do, I want this bike to be unique just as much as everyone else, and rick probably needs all the input he can get at this critical stage of bikemaking.