mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Mike Aitken Benifit at Rancho Relaxo

So we had the 3rd annual "Ruckus at the Ranch" yesterday and it was also to benefit Mike.

WOW !! what an awsome day!

First I have to give major big thanks to a few people that really helped out, we had about 200 people show up and I think its no exageration to say there were 75 to 100 people riding.

Big thanks to Kenn from http://www.ewrbikes.com/ for all the help with everything, I can get very distracted and he really helped with a lot of the responsibility.

Huge thanks to Keith Murphy, sales rep for Fox Racing and Haro Premium Products, He brought soooo much cool stuff, I was blown away by his generosity, I am talking new Haro Premium Product pedals that are amazing, some really cool seats, Fox Pads, Fox shirts and helmets, literally so much awsome stuff we didn't know what to do with it all. Really if you are in the market for pedals you have to check the premiums out, super thin like the atom labs and their 09 bikes look super sweet.

Big ups to my brother from another mother Jim Dellavalle and his brother paul for coming down a day early to help clean the place up and get it dialed, Also being that Jim is so loved in the bike community he was able to get tons off stuff kicked in, A set of white Halo rims, A ton of Superco shirts and stuff from them, Probably 6 bern Helmets which are definately the coolest helmets right now, they have a removable liner system that you can take out and wash when it starts to get funky as well as winter and summer liner, do yourself a favor and check them out. Animal also sent a box of stuff and Mountain Cycle.

Big thanks to Fletcher and Lou for donateing the keg, all the xc guys hangin out were happy to have that.

As allways thanks to Jay Dejesus for help getting stuff set up and getting people pumped.

Thanks to the guys like Dave Harms, Casey and his crew, Billy"the menace"King, Collin and Rod and all the guys that help to keep the trails running all year.

Big Thanks to Andy lowe from loweriders bikes and boards/union ramp park for kicking in a handfull of "all day session" passes to Union Ramp Park in westchester Pa, I was randomly handing them out to guys and they were all so stoked to get them, made me feel like santa.

Thanks to www.wetpaintfilms.com crew for hanging all day to shoot for a little webshow, I don't know when that will go up but it should be fun.

The riding, SICK!
    where else can you see a train with Lars Tribus, Mike Gentilcore in full race pads, Collin Evans in capris shorts and Mt Perk Jay on a dh bike in the same train, just sic. the diversity of riders and styles was awsome, there were 30 rider trains going down all day, its amazing how many friends you make riding bikes!

The high jump contest was the best. Scotty 2Hottie from Dales Trails, Big Bob Brien and Collin Evans and old school Ralph were boosting really high airs and Collin being slightly higher than the rest but not by a huge margin, Collin asked me the rules, I said 3 runs, bottom of the back tire thats it, he said "does it matter how I get the tire up there" hell no, just get it high. He Boosted the highest backflip I have ever seen him do, even his front tire was higher than every bodies back tire. That sealed the deal! Then it turned into a trick show, Now keep in mind that there were about 75 xc riders hangin out drinkin beer, they have never seen this type of riding up close so they were goin nuts. Huge tire grabs, tailwhips, 360 turndowns, flips, it was on!

I hope to get some of the guys taking pics to post them up here or post links, I saw my buddy Jeff Lockwood there from www.dirtragmag.com with camera so I'm not sure if it was for personal or professional use.

So we ended up raising about 3,000 dollars for Mike, I just have to figure the food bill so we see exactly what we get out to his familly. Collin put me in touch with his GT team manager Chuck(I forget his last name) who is good friends with Mike, I will be able to get the funds directly to Mikes familly to avoid some of the account charges on the funds he has setup and also get a Fox Banner we had signed by a lot of the riders that showed up.

Thanks to everybody that showed up, Definately the funnest day of the year!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Great day of riding thanks to Ted, Jay, Jim and the others who put all together for such a good cause.

I wish I had a backyard like Ted!

I should have rode more yesterday, but I did get some pics to share:

Richie loved that berm

lars

start the train

bye train

I got more will post later

Thanks for a great day

Rich

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for putting those up rich, here is a few Dave took..

Collin, 3 turndown

Maybe I need to take the front brake off to turn like Ritchie..

Keith, Jimmy Dellavalle, Myself and Jay

Collin boostin the high jump contest

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ted

a few more

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    So freaking good to see everybody wearing helmets!

At any rate, what do they have that berm made out of? Looks like it won't be breaking down like a regular dirt berm would!