mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Maxxis DTH 26 x 2.30 compared to 26 x 2.40 holy rollers

I currectly use 26 x 2.4 holy rollers and love the tires,I want to set one of my bikes as a urban bomber and looking for a faster and lighter tire.Heres the deal,I love the high volume of the holy rollers,Question,does the DTH 2.3 have close to the size and volume of the 2.4 holy rollers ?
    thx...
    Last edited by AMCAT; 07-23-2011 at 05:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Yes, I believe they have nearly the same volume. The tread on the Holy Roller 2.4 is slightly larger, but I believe the casing is the same size.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bholwell View Post
    Yes, I believe they have nearly the same volume. The tread on the Holy Roller 2.4 is slightly larger, but I believe the casing is the same size.
    Hi..thx,have you used the folding DTH tires yet ?? If so any feedback

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT View Post
    Hi..thx,have you used the folding DTH tires yet ?? If so any feedback
    Yes. They're much lighter than the Holy Roller 26x2.4- 650g vs. 825g- you'll notice that immediately. They seem to roll a bit easier than the Holy Roller too. The only downside is that they can get overwhelmed in very loose conditions, so it you ride on loose dirt / sand, you might want to stick with the Holy Roller.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Bump. On the fence between either of these tires to replace some K-Rads that are cracking along the sidewalls.

My DJ bike sees everything from urban rides around town to BMX tracks, skate parks, and slalom/flow trails. I do swap the front tire out for something knobbier when I'm on dirt but how does the DTH handle as a rear tire in hardpack? Bholwell, for reference, this bike sees the gravity sections at Big Creek a good bit as well as Quehl Holler out at Blankets since you're kinda local.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Bump. On the fence between either of these tires to replace some K-Rads that are cracking along the sidewalls.

My DJ bike sees everything from urban rides around town to BMX tracks, skate parks, and slalom/flow trails. I do swap the front tire out for something knobbier when I'm on dirt but how does the DTH handle as a rear tire in hardpack? Bholwell, for reference, this bike sees the gravity sections at Big Creek a good bit as well as Quehl Holler out at Blankets since you're kinda local.
    I wouldn't hesitate to run the DTH on the rear at Quehl Holler, since the track is worked in and you're off the rear brake anyhow. But if you make a mistake on a steep section on one of the little DH / Freeride runs at Big Creek and you have to grab some brake, your rear end is going to step out pretty spectacularly.

I would just go Holy Roller rear.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the advice! Sounds like Holy Rollers are the ticket.