mtbr member
    May 2008

Manitou Minute...

Anyone have any experience with a newer model Minute 20mm fork? I just picked one up cheaper than money...it was a gift... (it's an 08-100mm travel with steel steerer). I was just wondering if anyone had any street/dj time on one since I have not.

Om nom nom
    I don't think that would work terribly well for DJ maybe okay for park, just gotta be easy on it. if you're looking for a lighter manitou park fork, try lowering a Manitou Nixon. they can actually take the abuse. The minute was designed for XC. You could look for a Rockshox Reba?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I was comparing it to Revelations and Marzocchi 4x's and figured it would work perfect for some slalom and a little 4x. Again, it was a gift and was wanting to know how it holds up with a more aggressive riding. I will feel safer on this than I would with a Float 100 standard qr like many others ride...SPECS - 2008 Elite Absolute, 32mm stanchions, steel steerer, 20mm thru axle. I won't be hucking huge drops or anything maybe some intermediate jumping and what not but nothing super crazy. Maybe 5-6 ft high gaps/stairs at the most. I'm a relatively smooth rider so I won't land too hard on it. Plus my bones are getting old and it hurts to crash anyway...
    Last edited by JGill; 02-19-2009 at 09:03 PM.

mtbr member
    JGill - If this is Gill from fro forum, ask spokenipple (Chris) about that fork. He ran it on his Komodo for a while. It took quite the beating on the streets. Almost picked one up myself, but went with a Marz instead.