Looking for us made frame options

I ride a taiwanese frame now, own a canadian frame and have ridden all types so don't take this as a "usa is best and deserves...." kind of topic.

I am just asking about what companies provide a domestically built product. I know about the black market mob, brooklyn machine works and superco. I also know plenty of custom builders I know of who would be happy to build me a custom beast, although I do not want to and do not feel the need to in spend the coin on a custom build.

What other factory options are there?

thx

My leg feels funny
    Supposedly Standard has been making some 26" frames, you can always give them a call. I still don't see anything on their site about it but have seen some posts around the interwebz

Standard Byke Company

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I make BMXMTB frames (among the other styles) here in Texas at the similar price range to some stock frames (usually 450 USD):

STOUT

Black market just released info on a stock American frame. Its a heat treated frame (lighter weight) and is less expensive than the Mob... the one pictured doesn't appear to be made with a suspension fork in mind though.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JwBzao_QZg...1-American.jpg

I think Deity said theirs are made here too.
    Last edited by mattty; 01-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Home

Oscar's specialty is DJ frames. He's been building BMX and DJ frames for years!

edited to add some examples
    Last edited by boostin; 01-18-2012 at 07:52 AM.

mtbr member
    It's been mentioned, but Standard will make you a frame and I guess it's pretty reasonable. I've seen some of their DJ customs and they look REALLY nice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Standard's 26" frames are $585 shipped, and are only 4lbs 2oz. Lightest frame on the market right now.

I was going to get one, but my local dealer could never get ahold of them. I went with Santa Cruz instead.

But I looked at that Stout Frame Co, that **** is awesome man. Looks like you build some nice stuff! What kind of materials do you use? ever use anything exotic like Reynolds tubing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Supertherm (Ox Platinum) is the best of the best. Its what I usually spec on the front triangle:

OX PLATINUM Bicycle Frame Tubing by True Temper Sports

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'll have to keep that in mind next time i am doing a bike, that is awesome. What kind of weights do you see for 26" dj frames? Anything under 5lbs?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    A frame can be any weight you'd want, but the big issue is strength/ dent resistance.

A frame with Supertherm stays (.035" wall) can weigh close to 4 lbs but would not be nearly as rigid or dent resistant as frame with 4130 .049" thick stays (~5.3 lbs)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Blk Mrkt just came out with one.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
    Blk Mrkt just came out with one.
    I'm waiting to see if that actually comes to fruition, it'd be sweet if it did but I have a feeling that Carter's manufacturing troubles aren't over yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I can attest to Mattys frames, I got one after I cracked my steelhead and its been rock solid. I'm still impressed at the attention to detail. Having custom geometry set up just for you, and custom paint/graphics is pretty sweet too. I can also say that I have the only one of its kind, which suits my inner narcissist very well.

I'll have to post it up after I swap out the next round of components.

Best of luck in whatever you get, hope it comes out sick!