mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Looking for a dj/ds bike. STP or Parker I

I've been looking for something I can have fun to commute with and ride smooth singletrack. I had settled on a Giant STP or possibly a p.2. cromo, until I saw JensonUSA selling a NEW Jamis Parker I for 800 bucks. Locally some guy is selling a USED STP SS with a Pike for 750.

Just wondering which route I should take? a FS Parker or a hardtail STP. Just looking for a bike iI can goof around on. I already have an Spec Enduro and am worried that getting the parker will be far too similar to my AM bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I love my STP!

Gives me PEACE of mine
    Just got a sweet deal from this dude.He rode this stp ss twice and I snagged it for 400 bucks. I was also worried, I ride a kona coiler for all mountain, but I rode the stp up on the trails the other day and what a blast.Little hard pumping up hill until I get it set up but a whole new ballgame. This has the marzocchi dj3 on it but the pike is a better fork. Good luck.

mtbr member
    For DJ and DS definitly the stp...

I AM I AM
    STP love here too damn it, I tried to sell it twice and it didn't go, so I think I've finally found a name for it..."The Keeper". I'm selling my DH bike, I reckon the STP can handle everything (and more) that I can throw at it.

Can't say I've tried any of the other bikes you mentioned though, and I can't dirt jump either, so the STP is just fine for singletrack / commuting and maybe a little DH....especially if you have a Pike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    unanimous the STP. i was very tempted to get the full suspension simply cause it was a slack angle FS bike which in my mind will be a more versatile bike. You guys convinced me, the STP is a versatile bike that performs jumps and tricks like a hardtail. Thanks, I guess ill pass on the Parker, prolly best since the components look cheap anyways.

Gives me PEACE of mine
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyenduro
    unanimous the STP. i was very tempted to get the full suspension simply cause it was a slack angle FS bike which in my mind will be a more versatile bike. You guys convinced me, the STP is a versatile bike that performs jumps and tricks like a hardtail. Thanks, I guess ill pass on the Parker, prolly best since the components look cheap anyways.
    congrats rusty on your new kid... lol... you made the right choice. hope you get to ride more than I am. Pa. is covered in snow since I bought mine. looking to make a trip to rays' bike park in a few weeks that will be a great fix for a while.