Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Lets do some lines.........

Pick pic 1, or pic 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    pic 1 all the way
    i was hoping that the seat tube would be a bit shorter, but it's hard to visualize without the complete frame yet.

mtbr member
    I like pic 2, not sure why, I just do.

nOOb now rOOkie
    i like the straight looks of pic 1 but with the chain stay and angles of everything looks kinda odd so i say pic2

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    i thought everyone had agreed on straight tt and seatstays?

mtbr member
    I say neither. I'm usaually a fan of the first pic (straight), and if I had to chose out of your 2 options, I would still choose the first. But..... I dont really like the toptube being that low. So I suggest still have a toptube that is straight with the seatstays, but raise is abit and at the end of the seatstay, curve the tube down to the dropouts. Heres your pic with my suggestion, the red line.

tuck-n-roll master
    pic 1 all the way. keep up the good work. i can't wait to see how this thing turns out.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    i was a fan of straight tt and stays but it looks kinda trials ish in the first pic, the tt and dt are so close, so im not to sure, i think ill vote for number 2

and cummings your design seems weeker to me but i do like were your goin w/ that idea,

how the heck do i get my pic on here?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Cummings, you're just making the design more complicated with the bend and all, which is probably weaker than the other two. It does look better though.
    Actually, i can't make up my mind. I love designs with the straight tt and seat stays, but it looks a little low and there's too much seat tube sticking out for my tastes. Pic 2 does look better.

resident dumbass
    Oh my dear lord, I'm in love with number 1. That is actually a shorter seat tube length short of my frame design. That bent seat tube is trumptasticly sweet. Whoever gets this is one lucky son of a *****.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

Meh.
    I think if the seattube were hacked down anymore, you'd loose the ability to change your seat height at all.

Maybe a brace would help the appearance. I agree that pic 1 looks a little too low slung and the TT/DT are too close, but it is super clean.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cummings
    I say neither. I'm usaually a fan of the first pic (straight), and if I had to chose out of your 2 options, I would still choose the first. But..... I dont really like the toptube being that low. So I suggest still have a toptube that is straight with the seatstays, but raise is abit and at the end of the seatstay, curve the tube down to the dropouts. Heres your pic with my suggestion, the red line.
    Looks good, but that is a structural nono. Twist kills, ever flat drop an Ellsworth ? I could go into the details, but I would'nt want to put anyone to sleep.
    Trust me.
    And btw thats an 11'' seat tube, and as I remember, it's what was the most popular.
    Cru Jones messed all traditional design up with his sick drop outs, and I made them.
    And they are stayin'.
    I'll cut and fit pic 2, and show it before I put 2000 degrees to it.
    RTW.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I think Pic 2 looks better.
    1st is sleeker, but too trials-ish, unless that's what you want.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I thought it would be cool to make a joke about the title of this thread,well, I'm not.

I post too much.
    Pic 1. All the way, no question about it.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Pic 1 fa sho!!! But, maybe cut an inch or so from seat tube??? That sucker looks like it's meant to fly...

The whole idea behind the dropouts was to keep the TT inline with the seat stay and have a super low standover. Yeah, it might look a little trials-ish... but, like Rick said, we ain't makin' no cookie cutter!!!
    Last edited by Cru Jones; 09-23-2006 at 11:14 PM.

I post too much.
    I think the cutting can occur once the frame is built up. Because we have no idea of the exact position and size of the top tube and seat stays.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by turboinferno83
    I thought it would be cool to make a joke about the title of this thread,well, I'm not.
    I will.

I think the thread title scared away the kids with this in there sig...

"98 % of all teens do drugs or have tried drugs if you are in the 2 % range copy and paste this in to your Signature"

Salsa Shark
    I would go with pic 1, looks really original so far!
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    pic 1 is the way to go... reminds me of a trails frame because of the low standover and the short chainstays but the high head tube makes it straight up nasty for some park/dj action

Air Junkie
    Pic 1 for sure! It's low tt makes double cans, turndowns, tailwhips and decades a breeze. The inline tt looks awsome. The second pic looks a little more to the cookie cutter side. That is one huge dt though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthewelder
    Looks good, but that is a structural nono. Twist kills, ever flat drop an Ellsworth ? I could go into the details, but I would'nt want to put anyone to sleep.
    Trust me.
    And btw thats an 11'' seat tube, and as I remember, it's what was the most popular.
    Cru Jones messed all traditional design up with his sick drop outs, and I made them.
    And they are stayin'.
    I'll cut and fit pic 2, and show it before I put 2000 degrees to it.
    RTW.
    Alright, sorry bout that. I was just trying to figure a way of keeping the toptube in line with the seat stay, without being to close to the downtube.
    Here's an actual bike pic i found that kinda uses the idea i was thinking. Tonic.
    Well anyway, if that wont work, cool, I vote for pic 1. is there anyway we could maybe cut the seattube a bit? If you do leave it longer, a brace would be great for the appearance. You could even make it cooler by making the brace a cool shape, and engraving Old School Welding on it. Im not sure of a shape, but something jagged would be cool, like the shape of the deity seatpost clamp.

Irritating.
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by turboinferno83
    I have to admit, I really wanted to make a cocaine joke when I first saw the title. Cocaine jokes are funny.

Back on topic, I like the compact look of the first option.

mtbr member
    Pic 1- how about a double top tube that turns into the stays like an old Torker or Haro? I guess that's the same as Imperial too.

mtbr member

Top Tube in

1st, about the coke jokes, I did not mean to infer anything with a thread title except what the title says, lets make a frame, lets do it, lets do some lines.
    I don't care who uses drugs, I don't, and think it is a huge waste of time and hard earned money. I did plenty when I was younger, and smoked cigarettes too, and if I could take back anything from my life and do it over, those would be the things I would pick. And, no, I'm not a Jesus freak !
    But, to each his own.
    Now, here is a pic of the straight TT, I just put it in. Like I said, no heat til everyone checks in.
    I'm gonna go ride 12 miles now on my HT, It gets me high
    I'll check back this afternoon.
    Peace.
    RTW.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast