Thread: Khs Dj 100

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Khs Dj 100

So hows THIS compared to the chucker 2.0?
    Better or worse investment?

Which is the better bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I just got off of the phone with my local bike shop at he said KHS isn't good quality and a GT is better... Damn saleman always screwing with me. what do you guys think?
    The specs
    Size 26" wheel
    V-brakes front & rear
    SPECIFICATIONS Spec
    Name DJ 100
    Fork Mrzoochi MZ Comp 100mm DISC COMPATABLE
    Headset Pig Cr Mo 1 1/8 th theadless Frame Cr Mo steel, DISC COMPATABLE
    Rims Weinmann XP2002 double wall 2.3/Wheels , aluminum
    Hubs Formula alloy DISC COMPATABLE
    Spokes 36 Black
    Tires 2.2" x 26 inch Kenda Karma
    Frame size 15 inch
    Crankset Black 36 tooth CrMo hollow with 10 splin cartrige bb
    Freewheel 8 speed
    Grips black
    Stem , aluminum
    Brake Levers Tecktro, aluminum

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    About 20 people viewed this and have no information?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    They send a DJ bike out with reflectors? Reflectors are the devil...I've broken a deraillur hanger on my XC bike thanks to them (it got caught in the chain somehow and just snapped it)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ok... Hows the bike perform?

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005

Khs Dj100

Quote Originally Posted by Dice
    ok... Hows the bike perform?
    I rode a complete DJ100 Frame, with most of the components from the stock bike with the exception of Brakes, Wheels, and Fork. For what it is the bikes fine. I broke the seat, and killed the POS bash on the chain ring, but if you remove the bash, and add a regular chain guide, or!!!! go single speed it won't be an issue.

The only problems with the frame are its weight, and the lenght of the rear triangle. But if you can get over those two things, you'll love it. Its similar to an Azonic Steelhead, in size and weight.

I stopped riding mine after buying a DK Xenia frame, I wanted something lighter with a shorter rear triangle, but now the DK is gone, and the KHS is still here. The plan I think is to try using it for 4X, and the occasional DH adventure.

Its Cheap Strong and has a good warranty, I would buy it again.

But I also love Red Dwarf and Black Adder!!!
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX

Florida Rider
    I personally own this bike and Its a great beginner bike, Much better than the Chucker, the only problems I had with it was the stock fork and the wheels, and the tires and how long the rear triangle was. Heres a pic of mine, I now have an STP:

Portland, OR
    wharever that bike shop was, I wouldent shop there after hearing about what he said to you. that guy's a retard. if almost everyone online is telling you to get the KHS, than get the freaking KHS for gods sake. its brand new, it'll hold up just fine, get it !
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Meh.
    Yeah, well you're always telling people to buy Ibex and the p.2, does that mean we should do it? No.

In my eyes, both brands are low end. They make some decent higher end stuff, I think the upper end GT is better than KHS. You probably called a GT dealer. Dealers will spew all kinds of sh!t at you. Specialized... well... They're just full of it. I cannot stand the rep, and it was hard enough to understand my boss without him having Specialized's dick in his mouth. I had a lot more respect for the company till I started working for one of their dealers. Specialized can't weld a rear end right for their lives. That's why many of the frames use conical bushings; it helps compensate for the misallignment. Specialized tries to cut costs at every corner: using steel steerers instead of aluminum, having thinner rotors stamped to cut costs, using cr@ppy tubes, substandard wheel builds from the factory, etc, etc. They are pretty decent about frame warranty, I'll give them that.

In the end, it comes down to riding the bike and deciding for yourself whether you like it or not (and not listening to todd_freeride). Haha.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Alright, thanks guys.

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Yeah, well you're always telling people to buy Ibex and the p.2, does that mean we should do it? No.

In my eyes, both brands are low end. They make some decent higher end stuff, I think the upper end GT is better than KHS. You probably called a GT dealer. Dealers will spew all kinds of sh!t at you. Specialized... well... They're just full of it. I cannot stand the rep, and it was hard enough to understand my boss without him having Specialized's dick in his mouth. I had a lot more respect for the company till I started working for one of their dealers. Specialized can't weld a rear end right for their lives. That's why many of the frames use conical bushings; it helps compensate for the misallignment. Specialized tries to cut costs at every corner: using steel steerers instead of aluminum, having thinner rotors stamped to cut costs, using cr@ppy tubes, substandard wheel builds from the factory, etc, etc. They are pretty decent about frame warranty, I'll give them that.

In the end, it comes down to riding the bike and deciding for yourself whether you like it or not (and not listening to todd_freeride). Haha.
    you are a retard, you know that, right ? look at the GT, then the KHS...its not that hard to tell wich one is a better bike
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    K, bought the KHS, thanks guys!

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice
    K, bought the KHS, thanks guys!
    Just wondering, Dice, did you like the KHS?
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX

GAME ON!
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Good thing I check my e-mail guy. KHS was an alright bike but i sold it after a summer of owning. Very uncomfortable for me in the air. But that was a looooooong time ago. If i were to buy a mountain bike again, it would probably be a P series after riding my buddies. Very nimble and flick able. But I've left pedal bikes and moved on to bigger more expensive toys. Which isn't necessarily a good thing.