mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Just Got This Riot

i just bought it off craigslist. lightly used, but in good condition. i'm just gettin into urban/dj, sellin my giant reign x1. i paid $750, which i thought was a good deal, or am I dumb? is there anything crappy on it that I should replace?

Blk Mrkt Riot 22" Frame (mint green)
    Rockshox Argyle 302 (lowered to 80mm)
    Thompson X4 Stem
    Deity Handlebars
    Specialized Fuse SL Cranks
    32 tooth E-thirteen Bashguard Sprocket
    Specialized Rims and Hubs
    Specialized Tire in the Rear, Maxxis Holy Roller in Front
    Odyssey Pedals
    Avid BB7 Brake (140mm rotor)
    Just bought a Black Blk Mrkt Brass Knuckles Seat to replace the one on there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The wheels are super soft, I'd look into replacing those. Other than that it's solid. I'd ride it!

dirt rules
    You didn't steal it, but you didn't get hurt either.... Looks like a fun ride.

Bikes Rule
    Looks like the orevious owner had a p bike and upgraded to a Riot before selling. Not bad for the price.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo-9
    Looks like the orevious owner had a p bike and upgraded to a Riot before selling. Not bad for the price.
    MY thoughts too... I ride a P1 and I like the cranks but the wheels were awful... Hubs will work for a while though, but the rims are pretty weak. I would have them properly trued and tensioned with some spoke freeze if I had to ride them for a while. Overall I think he made out pretty well on the whole thing. It doesn't look too beat up...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    What do you think of the Azonic Outlaw wheelset? Or am I better off buying everything separately? I'd like to keep the wheelset relatively close to or under $300.

Meh.
    The Outlaw wheelset is pretty solid for the money. The rims are Alex Supra D rims. If you want to save some cash, check out the Performance Forte Loco wheels. They're cheaper. They're the same rims, just pinned instead of welded and 32h instead of 36h. Oh... and they only come in black. But they do have a satisfaction guarantee.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I decided to get the Transition Revolution Wheelset in 32 black. $279 shipped, so about what I was looking to pay.