mtbr member
    Nov 2006

just bought a gf mullet!!

Hey guys, I just bought my first dj/urban bike. I've been riding xc for a while and decided to buy an entry level dj/urban bike to start off. Got the Mullet on ebay for a sweet price of $341 with hayes hfx9 hydraulics, ditchwitch rims, and 'cruz' street tires while everything else stock. I'm stoked! Still waiting for it to come in though.

I also checked out the bike shop near my college and they were selling an '05 or '06(?) Banshee Morphine frame (new) for only $325.. I was drooling, but to build up a sweet bike it'd be around 800+ which is waaaaay out of my budget. $325 is a sweet deal for a frame like that, right?

pic, of my new bike..
    Attached Images Attached Images

destructionismyobjective
    Nice! i got the bitter, same thing cause mine came stock with thes wheels and brakes, but you got the nice blue color.

I post too much.
    You could always buy the morphine frame and switch over the parts from the mullet, but I wouldn't see the point. Nice ride, a friend of mine has a stock one.

mtbr member
    I got an opie, which is now disc brake and single speed. It's one of the more underrated frame lines out there I think for riding urban, but for the prices they are offered at I think they are one of the better deals going.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    My buddy has a stock one, he likes all of it but he always complains about the fork. Never having riddin it I don't know. But sick bike none the less.

tuck-n-roll master
    Good bike at a very nice price. What fork is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

Portland, OR
    ohh man, thats a pretty nice price for that. congrats on getting the mullet. They are a pretty beefy frame. sure its an "entry level street/DJ bike" but the frame is far from "entry level" nice bike, good deal. have fun with it.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    thanks guys, i'm psyched about the price. Can't wait to ride that baby.
    I've heard that the paint chips easily, i'm thinking about redoing i later on, perhaps a flat black color? Anybody have links or tips as to how to go about d.i.y. paint job?

Hey pavement, it's a stock manitou splice comp fork.. i guess fisher added a little finishing touch on the fork.
    I'm trying to get a cheap fork on ebay, maybe a dirt jam or something.. any suggestions?
    Last edited by mtbsickness; 11-06-2006 at 09:35 PM.

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbsickness
    thanks guys, i'm psyched about the price. Can't wait to ride that baby.
    I've heard that the paint chips easily, i'm thinking about redoing i later on, perhaps a flat black color? Anybody have links or tips as to how to go about d.i.y. paint job?

Hey pavement, it's a stock manitou splice comp fork.. i guess fisher added a little finishing touch on the fork.
    I'm trying to get a cheap fork on ebay, maybe a dirt jam or something.. any suggestions?
    look for a manitou stance or sherman. they can be had for pretty cheap and they'll beat the crap out of any marzocchi fork.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1