mtbr member

New question here. It's time for everybodys fav: Which bike should I get?

So Yea it's another which bike to get thread. Get over it. I narrowed it down to one of two bikes. Though I don't know which is the better buy for me. so heres the finds:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259
    http://www.treefortbikes.com/38_3332...-Complete.html
    (Top one is an 07 Atomlab GI and the bottom is an 08 Eastern Thunderbird. I think I like the eastern better what do you think?)
    So heres the info on me... I'm 6' at about 155lbs. grew up on BMX. Standard STA 500 with a 20.5" tt. People say I should of been cramped on it. I didn't feel that at all. I would still be riding bmx street but I broke both wrist skate boarding. (years apart from one another) Either way that was years ago and I figure they had to of fully healed by now and it's time to pedal again!!

And heres what I'm looking for.... I want something for riding around (I know big surprise A bike to ride on!) I want to be able to maybe hit the dirt jumps (at least have the option) or throw around the street. More street than anything. After all that is what my heart was raised on... Umm, I don't really know what else to add... So any help, tips, suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

I dunno... If there is anything else I should share just ask me.
    Last edited by lilOlme; 03-31-2009 at 10:24 PM.

mtbr member
    The Atomlab has a derailleur hanger, should you ever decide to add gears so you can use it for more than just street and DJs.

mtbr member
    I'm not gonna put gears on it. SS all the way. I was wondering how the forks are on the atomlab if anyone knows?

mtbr member
    Do a search on RST forks. Both bikes come equiiped with them and both models are pretty crappy if you ask me. They're not going to last very long and I would swap them out for something a little more reliable as soon as possible.You can't really go wrong choosing between the 2. Go for the one you like then.

mtbr member
    I was thinking they were about equal, just figured I'd ask some people who knew for sure. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Can't go wrong with either of those!!

Slopestyle Rider
    I'd go Eastern.

mtbr member

Good job!

As much as I liked the Eastern I just couldn't pass up the Atomlab for only 449$ It's just too good a deal to pass up. So, I didn't I will soon be the proud owner of an Atomlab GI. I can't wait!! Pics up when I get it if ya want...

mtbr member
    thunderbirds are go
    [SIZE="4"]2008 Spesh P.1, Hope mono M4's[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Kona CoilAir[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]Marin ??[/SIZE]
    Prev
    MountainCycle SanAndreas
    Orange MsIsle
    Orange o2