integrated headsets options

xpost from the transition forum

Aside from kink's ceramic bearing headset option ($99), what is the best campy-style integrated headset option out there?
    Transition has their own on their webstore, but what is the difference between theirs and the ones from kink, colony, stolen, sinz, fly, fsa impact, etc. They all are around the same general price of $25-$35. I thought i'd go with a BMX one just to mix up the brands a bit.
    Don't they all use the same bearings,.. and the only difference would be the caps and races.. which, as long as they don't crack are just for looks?

Also out of the bmx brands.. any one that stands above the rest?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    It's just looks, buy one that comes in a cool color.
    CAMBr West
    Gives us a couple bucks and we'll give you some trails with sweet jumps and stuff.

mtbr member
    ive had no trouble with a we the people one. the fsa impact or some other generic unbranded one. only thing that differs really is the sealing on the caps. the generic one lacked it and got dirty quicker that the we the people and fsa impact which had sealing on the top cap. i mainly rode my BMX in dry conditions never any thick mud like my mountain bike experiences constantly.
    i ride my bi*ch hard