mtbr member

If it's not one thing it's the weather

So yea, I finally ordered a new dj/street bike. It's an eastern thunderbird which should be here on the 9th. Of course it's forecasted to rain for the next 4-5 days... Go figure. So I guess I'll have plenty of time to make sure everything is greased and tight on it before my first ride. Probably no pics since it's all stock. But I do plan on upgrading a few things in due time. Pics then for sure. Hey dose anybody know if the stickers on it are painted on, or can I get those suckers off? Also, does anybody ride pegs on their 26's? I was just wondering.... Just trying to pass the time till I can finally ride again!!

Expert Noob
    perfect time to practice track stands

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    there are a few people who ride pegs on a 26. but you need a rigid fork to get them on them front.
    I don't have a funny sig yet.

Meh.
    You do not have to have a rigid fork to mount them on front. The D-Street had peg mounts. I had whipped together a couple of axles to run pegs on Manitou forks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    yea but they havent made those since like 05 have they?

mtbr member
    No but people are constantly rigging up peg setups on sus forks.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    On the original weather topic..... It's 83 and all sunshine here, but there are 35 mph + winds and gust up to 45. Waste of a perfect day! Took the xc bike out in the woods today instead...

mtbr member
    So I got called into work early yesterday... Because of that I missed the UPS... And so I still have no bike. So in protest of being called into work early I'm going in late today. The UPS warehouse opens at 3. I have to be at work at 3. Of course the bike wins. I will a be few mins late... oh well. They deserve it! Either way... when I do finally get this bike maybe I'll find a way to hook up some front pegs. Do the problems of applying front pegs differ from fork to fork? I'm just asking because soon I will be upgrading the fork and figure I'll just wait if the peg I rig now wont work later.... ya know?

Weather yesterday: T-storms and Tornado warnings.... I just wanna go out and ride. Today's weather is nice!! Woo-whoo! Gotta go to UPS!! bye.
    Where there is light, there is darkness hidden in the shadows.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LandoCommando
    perfect time to practice track stands
    Ya know I just gotta say... I was asking about pegs being put on a mtb. bike. Do you really think I'm concerned with track stands? I mean balance is good but... Track stands? Well, I guess thanks for the tip. :
    Where there is light, there is darkness hidden in the shadows.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    dude ride in a tornado. you could catch mad air!!!