mtbr member
    Apr 2010

I need a frame but not familiar....

Coming from a BMX background and riding free ride and bike parks and stuff I am looking for a DJ-street frame that will have that BMX feel to it. I have been doing alot of looking and right now it seems like Black Market is where its at. Here is the catch. I am looking to do this and bring most parts over from my XC hardtail, fork, wheels and SS cranks as a get me by till I can up grade things. I know the parts arnt made for it but It is what it is for now.

What frames will lend them selves to this the easiest? I want to make a quick change over for the least money right now and still be able to ride it or is there complete bike that is new that would be better from a cost point of view than say 400.00 on a frame.

Pee's in the H8teraid
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFingas View Post
    Coming from a BMX background and riding free ride and bike parks and stuff I am looking for a DJ-street frame that will have that BMX feel to it. I have been doing alot of looking and right now it seems like Black Market is where its at. Here is the catch. I am looking to do this and bring most parts over from my XC hardtail, fork, wheels and SS cranks as a get me by till I can up grade things. I know the parts arnt made for it but It is what it is for now.

What frames will lend them selves to this the easiest? I want to make a quick change over for the least money right now and still be able to ride it or is there complete bike that is new that would be better from a cost point of view than say 400.00 on a frame.
    I am also new to DJ bikes.
    Raced BMX. All the things you described are the same, Freeride,DH, Park etc.
    Just built my first DJ bike with an un-used 09 Yeti frame, parts from my trail bike and one of my spare sets of 823's.
    Came out really nice for using all spare parts.
    Have not hit any dirt on it yet, just some street stuff and it reminds me alot of my BMX days.. Reminds me of the old Loop Tail PK Ripper but with bigger wheels..
    Can't wait to get it filthy.
    '10 SXT
    '10 Demo 8
    '09 Yeti DJ