mtbr member
    Apr 2005

I love riding...

Well to be honest, I haven't been riding lately. It sucks I know. But then today I was just like "Whatever, I'm going riding."As I left the house I turned on The Books, The Lemon of Pink (super good album) and did a quick sprint up the hill to my first riding area. After getting warmed up with some quick carves and nose spins and stuff I went at it. I did a gap I'd never done before on my 2nd try which got me stoked to ride some more. I left there and sped down the hill to the town centre where I ride the most. Swerving through traffic and pedestrians my love for riding was renewed. I had forgotten how much I loved the wind on my face and the feeling of speed. I did 2 stair drops without thinking twice and was pumped. I stopped at a small plaza thing and just drilled bunnyhops to get my bearings back. After leaving I just rode around, doing whatever lines I felt like and stopping whenever I liked. A perfect laid back session. While riding around I found a new spot behind some old building which included a loading dock and a wallride. Going home I did some more stops and did a hop up a ledge I hadn't done before. As I rolled down the hill to my house I felt that my riding had increased a lot by just going at my own pace and doing what I wanted, pushing myself to my own limits, not a friends or somebody elses. As I rolled into the driveway the album finished the moment I touched the driveway. With this last monument of a great day of riding I thought to myself "God, I love riding..."

Local Paperboy Hero
    I'm fighting back the tears...

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    I'm fighting back the tears...
    You have just defined the reason I started riding. Great post man!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    the exact feeling i got when (recently) getting back into riding...
    i dont get much time to actually ride... i have a 10 month old little girl, and a 9 year old girl (who is starting to get into bikes, a wee bit), plus this whole "job" thing (which really blows most of the day) and side jobs, and family responsibilities... end up with very little time to ride... just 15 minutes here and there, sometimes a half hour... but man, sure do love it. lately i've been getting up at 4am on workdays, so i can ride for a half hour before leaving for work. it's awesome... the only thing i hear that early in the morning are the coyotes and my noisy ass marzocchis. the days i ride, i'm just more relaxed with everything...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yea man, early morning rides are awesome. Nothing out there but you and the city. Good stuff.