Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    resident dumbass

How often do you guys crash?

Well, once again I pathetically crashed after landing (only a 6 foot gap too, damn it!), but thankfully I was wearing pants and ripped them, not my shin, on my pedals.

Anyway, how often to you guys crash while DJing? A crash must count as landing in a pile with your bike entwined around you.

I crash about once a month (like I've said half a bazillion times: one step above suck)

A crash must count as landing in a pile with your bike entwined around you.
    Ugg . . . that sounds like rough bike sex . . .

Forget that last comment . . .
    I'm out of things to say . . .

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    not enough.

that might sound stupid but in my opinoin if your arent crashing, you arent pushing yourself, its kinda like the famous "if your in control, you arent going fast enough!" qoute

resident dumbass
    well, in a month, I only have been going DJing about 8 hours tops. Now I'll be going even more. Oh boy . . .

Portland, OR
    I dont crash too often (knock on wood) I really do push myself, and if I do crash, I usually land it super smooth. before I try something new, I always look it, find my ways that I could bail, or that I could fix problems. I'm pretty "smart" when it comes to doing something new. I crash maybe once every 6 months.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Premium Member
    Skatepark: like every 10 minutes riding something new, pretty much never if it's something I know.

DJs: not much at all.

Street: not much at all, but when I do it sucks

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    Skatepark: like every 10 minutes riding something new, pretty much never if it's something I know.

DJs: not much at all.

Street: not much at all, but when I do it sucks
    when i ride dj crashes always happen atleast once a sesh
    but i def dont crash as much on street, and ya street crashes tend to suck

I post too much.
    Too much, they are never big bails or painful, but it sucks to scratch up the paint on a bike with a stupid crash. I crash a lot less on the street than on djs, but I DJ more, so I don't know if it has anything to do with it.

the man with 7 egos
    on dj's full out crashes not often. The biggest one i can remember is accidently grabbing my brakes in the air during a no hander...yeah that went well. I do however have close calls (feet slipping off, wheels coming unscrewed etc.) fairly often that don't hurt me.
    gravity isn't a law... it's more like a guidline

"Pain is just natures way of telling you your in excrusiating agony..."-Johny Bravo's Dentist

Pro Crastinator
    i stack on the daily at the DJ's (well, anytime i'm jumping some real jumps) but i'm always pushing myself, i never just "take it easy" for a whole session, just parts of one. only a few of the stuffs actually hurt, but almost every one of them leaves a bruise or some scrapes...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    umm i usually crash not jumping. like i went home from this epic 8 hour sesh, and i was on the road crashed and tore a hole in my knee to the bone. ive crashed djing twice in 8 years. and yes i do push myself and im good, ask dirtyharry

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    CRASHING is the thing I hate the most about Urban/DJ/Park type riding. In the past I raced XC and rarely crashed... training was more about building up your cardio and was not done on real technical terrain. I had crashed a few times during races but nothing major.

With Urban/DJ/Park you have to expect to crash occasionally. In fact, I wonder if I will start crashing more often as I start to try new and more advanced tricks. I don't really like this... can't afford to crash and break any bones... got a job and bills to pay. I really wish I would have done more if this type of riding when I was a kid when crashing wasn't so dangerous to the wallet.

I post too much.
    Insurance man, really important if you do any kind of dangerous sport.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    Insurance man, really important if you do any kind of dangerous sport.
    Got that... but I run my own business and really could not afford to brake an arm or leg... would make it tough to do my job. Bikes are probably a hobby somebody like me should avoid, but I can't seem to stop. Its like crack , I guess he he.

bcd
    mtbr member
    ever now and then i over jump a dirtjump and land on my head. like every 2 years or so.

i alway bail in street and park. park more b/c its smooth.

Biker for Life
    whevever i crash it is when i am trying something new. but i hate it when you are doing something that you always do and you crash, this doesnt happen to me that often but when it does it makes me mad. i dont do dj's that much i ride street and park and when you wreck on street that sucks really bad
    afk irl

mtbr remember
    depends on one's definition of crash.... like looping out and just throwing your bike away, or is it notching up a serious injury that one has to have heal time from...

yeah, I crash, it sucks... how often? I try not to document it in order to avoid growing fear. fear is probably the biggest reason that I crash actually.... new area, new jump, new line, not used to it and have to guess on speed or pop... intimidation has been known to punch me in the face from time to time.
    Schralp it Heavy.

resident dumbass
    a crash doesn't have to mean you seriously hurt yourself.

I probably will never seriously hurt myself, because I'm too afraid of debilitating myself to try any tricks while jumping (except an x up or a one hander) ever.

I see what you're saying about fear causing you to crash. For me, trying too hard makes me crash.

i like dirt.
    My shins get cut up every ride or so, just from the pedals and bushes, etc. But as far as serious crashes, I haven't had any in a while. Do you guys wear full shin guards or just knee pads? I just wear knee and elbow pads and a skate-style helmet.

Too Kool for Skool
    I rarely crash when djing but when i do a good street ride i usually screw up once or twice either leaving me toppeling over in a funny way or actually having a bad fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    2-3 times daily.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairy_dude
    accidently grabbing my brakes in the air during a no hander.
    perhaps more explanation is needed for this. bustin your stones man, but how does one grab the brakes if one's doing a no hander?
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    perhaps more explanation is needed for this. bustin your stones man, but how does one grab the brakes if one's doing a no hander?

c'mon, you know, almost the same as how you pull a superman no-hander back-flip:
    up, up, down, down, left, right, a, b, select, start!
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Every sesh I crash atleast once, not major tho (knock on wood) Sustaining injuires is like every few months like a sprain or fracture. Street sessions I crash a lot and man they're bad.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Lately it's been about 1 big crash every few weeks... usually when trying something new/different on the DJs. Just had a spill the other day. Remember when we were talking about tobaggans? Well, I was trying them. And, for some reason, I was really trying to get it clicked, but then realized I didn't have enough time to get back to the bars. So, in that instant, I decided it was best to try to land with one hand on the bars and the other on the seat... holy crap was that a bad idea. I slammed hard. My whole left side is scraped and bruised. But, it was nothin a few beers couldn't take care of... kept on jumpin for a few more hours. You know how we do.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Pretty much every ride. I'm always trying new urban terrain. Actually, my last ride, I was riding across open grass when i crashed; I went to shift to the 36t ring (my urban bike has 2 rings) and the chain got snagged by my bashgaurd, because it's cracked in half!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast