mtbr member
    Mar 2005

How much is my bike worth?

I am thinking about selling my DJ/urban bike and buying a BMX instead but before I hop in the water, I need to figure out how much I can get for the urban bike. Here is a spec list...also this is NOT a for sale ad, just doing some figuring.

DMR Rhythm frame
    Manitou Gold Label fork
    Avid BB7s with generic levers
    Truvativ Hussefelt cranks and stem
    FSA FR330 bar
    Salsa Grips
    Holy Rollers
    24" wheels (Woodman Extreme/ Alex DX32 rear and Deore/Rhyno Lite front)
    Endless cog
    FSA Impact headset
    Sun ZuZu pedals
    WTB seat

Thanks a lot. Most of the parts are a month or so old including the frame.

I post too much.
    Reason of sale? Any pics?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well, I work at a shop and have been riding alot of the BMX bikes around and they feel alot better for manuals and the like than a mountain bike...even a 24"one. Also, the new Mirracos look amazing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny K
    Also, the new Mirracos look amazing.
    That Black Pearl LTD is sick. Supposed to be the most expensive complete on the market at around $1000. And I hear it weighs about 26.5 lbs. Pretty freakin impressive. How can I get my DK Dayton to drop 6.5 lbs LOL.

http://www.mirrabikeco.com/bikes/bp_lim.htm

resident dumbass
    Dude! Just stick a rigid fork on it! You'll wish you didn't get rid of your DMR if you do.

With that said, I wouldn't let that setup go for anything less than $900 if you bought everything new at retail price, nothing less than $600 if you got an employee discount or something.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    Dude! Just stick a rigid fork on it! You'll wish you didn't get rid of your DMR if you do.

With that said, I wouldn't let that setup go for anything less than $900 if you bought everything new at retail price, nothing less than $600 if you got an employee discount or something.
    Whether or not he paid retail should not affect how much he has to sell for.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMojo?
    That Black Pearl LTD is sick. Supposed to be the most expensive complete on the market at around $1000. And I hear it weighs about 26.5 lbs. Pretty freakin impressive. How can I get my DK Dayton to drop 6.5 lbs LOL.

http://www.mirrabikeco.com/bikes/bp_lim.htm

I wouldn't pay anywhere near $1K for that bike.... I wasn't aware it was supposed to be one of the more expensive completes around, but I wouldn't put it past Dave Mirra... greedy basss.... if you have that much cash, build a custom for sure.

at this time of year... you might not get as many bites on your bike when trying to sell it, but there are always the few who wait until this time of year to snag some deals. I would have to at least see the bike in some pictures (if not in person) to give a fair estimate, but dirtyharry could be right, around $8-900 OBRO might be a good starting place... but be willing to take less, haha....
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    I wouldn't pay anywhere near $1K for that bike.... I wasn't aware it was supposed to be one of the more expensive completes around, but I wouldn't put it past Dave Mirra... greedy basss.... if you have that much cash, build a custom for sure.
    Agreed. I think this bike is just being used to hype the image of Mirraco, which is pretty smart since they are a new company in a highly competetive biz. They don't expect to sell a lot of this and in fact are only going to make a limited run of like 250 of the Black Pearl LTD (each are signed by Ryan Guettler).

Crusty cyclist
    f*** the mirracos. A: they're completes B: they are mirra's company. I for one wouldn't want a bike with some else's name on it, especially mirra. Build up a bike yourself, it's the only way to go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The Pearl has pretty good stats, but I wouldn't pay $1k for it. I'd get a Hoffman PL series for $400 less if I was looking for a complete.

I really don't like the 36h back rim on the Pearl, either. That's not safe.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Say if I were to build one for the same price as a Blend 3...around $500 retail, what parts would be the ones to use?