mtbr member
    Feb 2007

how does the KHS DJ 200 (last years with different size wheels) ride?

is it good at street and Dirt or should i find a deal on another bike?
    btw im a complete noob so tell me why i should or should not and please recomend a hard tail Dj bike thats relatively light. ive currently got a BigHit SPEC and its too heavy and i like hard tails more. im 5 foot 6/7 and weigh about 130-140 pounds.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Um, it was designed a dirt jumper and DJ bikes typically handle street well too. The price is right on the clearance DJ200s. Get it ride it change what you dont like.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    i dont think its possible to change the back wheel cause its a 24 and the front is a 26 and i would want both wheels to be 26's... someone please recomend me a different bike or tell me how i can change the front wheel
    Eat me
    www.newschoolers.com for all those skiers out there
    I MTB

I post too much.
    What kind of budget do you have?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    $675 is basically the highest.
    Eat me
    www.newschoolers.com for all those skiers out there
    I MTB

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskimonster
    i dont think its possible to change the back wheel cause its a 24 and the front is a 26 and i would want both wheels to be 26's... someone please recomend me a different bike or tell me how i can change the front wheel
    It does come with a 24" rear, but the frame is capable of taking 26", also the V-brake mounts are ajustable for 24/26 you decide to go that route. The 24 in back is a slightly stronger wheel than a 26, good when you are learning to spin airs and hops, you might like it. I would however lower and stiffen the fork from the get go.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    wheelworld.com has the dj300 for around $550 complete and that has good parts spec and 26 front and rear wheels. The only thing I would do for riding street and dirt is converting to a singlespeed.