mtbr member
    Oct 2006

hi. need some help

well i have been into mountin biking for a bit as it has derived from my motocross, my parents brought me a sarecen excell about year ago and in that year we have fought and finaly build a freestyle track etc. well for the last 3 weeks ive been hitting them as hard as i can and getting atleast 12-15ft high. well i landed heavy yestaerday and came over literaly destroying the bike.
    i have been looking at getting a new bike like a identiy but have came to the desision i would like to build my own. i am goin to use the sarecen frame for now and have installed all new crank etc.
    i need some new forks as i have splt the top bit where the setm joins. just wondering what you opinion is on some forks which can take the abuse of 15 ft air with a 11 stone man on it, i also need rims and hubs bard and stem.
    what do you recomend. im looking at th mazzochi dirts jump forks ? halo sas rims? halo hubs? any help would be apprechiated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy91
    well i have been into mountin biking for a bit as it has derived from my motocross, my parents brought me a sarecen excell about year ago and in that year we have fought and finaly build a freestyle track etc. well for the last 3 weeks ive been hitting them as hard as i can and getting atleast 12-15ft high. well i landed heavy yestaerday and came over literaly destroying the bike.
    i have been looking at getting a new bike like a identiy but have came to the desision i would like to build my own. i am goin to use the sarecen frame for now and have installed all new crank etc.
    i need some new forks as i have splt the top bit where the setm joins. just wondering what you opinion is on some forks which can take the abuse of 15 ft air with a 11 stone man on it, i also need rims and hubs bard and stem.
    what do you recomend. im looking at th mazzochi dirts jump forks ? halo sas rims? halo hubs? any help would be apprechiated.

I don't think Saracen makes an 'excell'...do you mean xess? I looked on the site and saw no excell.

There are a bunch of forks for what you're doing, and a good lot of them are damn strong as well. Thing is if you land hard enough to "literally destroy" your bike with any regularity even they may not hold up. I'm not really sure what you did so I can't make a judgement.
    I also assume you're talking about 15 feet of air to a transition (you're doing dirt jumps, right?).

What do you mean exactly by destroying your bike? If you hit hard enough to break a bunch of stuff you should look over the frame carefully if you're planning on reusing it, which is what it sounds like from your post. I have no experience with the hubs or rims you're asking about, so can't help you. If you're on a budget I do hear good things about the azonic outlaws. I've got a set but haven't ridden them yet as I'm still waiting on a bottom bracket. Supposedly people have problems with the rear hub going bad, but I don't know anything about that. Good luck regardless.

P.S. It's fork, not forks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yes i mean 15 ft of air of dirt jumps. i was attempting to do a double nac(if there called that in mtb terms) to a no hander lander. the way i land was with some unexpected rotaion and as i land the rim bent at a 90 degree angle and zoom forks cracked at the bottom of the stem so when i turned the bars it just didnt grip and the fork would not folow the direction of the bars. what i mean by destryoed is, snapping the both hub axles .bending the bars, seat post , both rims. snapping the peddles of.basicly the only thing good is the frame which i had checked out by a local cycle store.how ever ther all bmxers in there and dont realy know much about what i need and that. yes sarecen make a xecll ill take pics of the frame tomorow, also how would you go about respraying it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    yes i mean 15 ft of air of dirt jumps. i was attempting to do a double nac(if there called that in mtb terms) to a no hander lander. the way i land was with some unexpected rotaion and as i land the rim bent at a 90 degree angle and zoom forks cracked at the bottom of the stem so when i turned the bars it just didnt grip and the fork would not folow the direction of the bars. what i mean by destryoed is, snapping the both hub axles .bending the bars, seat post , both rims. snapping the peddles of.basicly the only thing good is the frame which i had checked out by a local cycle store.how ever ther all bmxers in there and dont realy know much about what i need and that. yes sarecen make a xecll ill take pics of the frame tomorow, also how would you go about respraying it.

Frame damage is frame damage be it MTB or BMX, the shop should be able to give you a go or no-go. If you want to repaint it it's best to take off all the old paint (wire wheel will work if you've got one), primer, paint, clear coat. Most people do a few layers of paint or clear coat depending on the look you want, I don't know too much about frame painting so someone else should be able to answer it for you.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    no handed lander? hahaha thats insane i dont think anyone pulls those on bikes.

11 stone? how big are these stones? it sounds like your a cave man, hahahahaha

Local Paperboy Hero
    i was attempting to do a double nac(if there called that in mtb terms) to a no hander lander. the way i land was with some unexpected rotaion and as i land the rim bent at a 90 degree angle and zoom forks cracked at the bottom of the stem so when i turned the bars it just didnt grip and the fork would not folow the direction of the bars. what i mean by destryoed is, snapping the both hub axles .bending the bars, seat post , both rims. snapping the peddles of.
    Sounds like quite the trick to quite the crash... picsstfu.gif

mtbr member
    how much money you got, I would look into mabe a nemisis project lowered fork for specificaly dj, and some beefy ass rims. again I dont know how much you want to spend

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ill get pics of the frame and rims, the fork s i havnt got any more as i skipped them.

i dont realy have budget but i would like to spend less than 400, i have had the frame checked out and its fine.

i can do no hander landers on my mx bike but it was my first attempt on a push bike. i learnt its not as easy as in mx.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebiker
    no handed lander? hahaha thats insane i dont think anyone pulls those on bikes.

11 stone? how big are these stones? it sounds like your a cave man, hahahahaha

quit the piss take mate, 11 stone isnt that much, dont know what it is in lbs

mtbr member
    11 stone = 154 lbs. (In British...)

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yules
    11 stone = 154 lbs. (In British...)
    thanks - i got pics just trying to figure out how to upload em

#1 Ho
    Ive got a dirt jam pro sl and a sun single track rim for really cheap. I actually just put a lowered z1 on my p.2 today.
    [[SIZE=2]Go big then go home[/SIZE]