mtbr member
    Feb 2013

HHEEEEELLP Buying a new bike?! (Used to be aa BMXer

Hi,
    I'm a ex BMX'er (yeah yeah yeah whatever) I have definatly grown out of my BMX now after 7+ years of using them, now looking for something more stable, but light in the air like a bmx, I have been Dirt Jumping for as long as I've had my bmx and I've been jumping a mates trails who has a MTB DJer. Now looking into having my own. I do have XP in MTB as I also have a trails bike but I now just want a dirt jumper.

These two have really jumped out at me, I have around 500-600 to spend on this.

Specialized p1 2011 (Will have to upgrade the forks to a 80-100mm)
    Specialized P1 2011 Jump Bike | Evans Cycles

and the Saracen Amplitude CR2 (Apprently heavy but alright in the air)
    Specialized P1 2011 Jump Bike | Evans Cycles

Or the 2012 P1

Specialized P.1 2012 Jump Bike | Evans Cycles

Opinions?? Or suggestions to a solid Dirt Jumper thats light, SINGLE SPEED. and I'm 6"3 so Ima need good sized bike.

PEACE, Rupert.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Decided I'm going to go for the Specialized P1 2012 in Black and Purple, then put some Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3 2012 Forks on it and some BMX style pedals in PURPLE.. Should look shwing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Have you checked out the 24" Cruisers with freestyle geometry? I ride a Stolen Saint 24" - but the Sunday Model C is SICK(!) and Subrosa is coming out with a new double top tube cruiser.

These things ride like a 20", but on large wheels. I even ride flatland with mine.

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    search more. the p1s are all on the heavy side. plus theres better bike out there for the same price range. dmr, ns, doberman, commenical, they all make good "starter" bike for sub $1000. check out chainreactioncycles they tend to have the best prices.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thinking of getting this NS metropolis. Probably put some juicy breaks on it. Thoughts?

NS Metropolis 2 24Inch 2012 Bike : Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes| Winstanleys Cycles

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    i love my ns. that is a good setup and upgrading to juicys or even codes is a good idea. i just had a single rear code but i mainly ran park and bmx tracks.

mtbr member
    Buy used. You can pick up some top tier dj bikes on c-list for well under $1000. I just picked up a banshee amp with outlaw wheels and an argyle fork for $800. The bike has barely been ridden. Before that I looked at 3 other dj bikes that looked brand new for the same price.