mtbr member
    May 2012

Help with sizing

Hey fellas.
    I'm confused as heck as how to figure out sizing with DJ bikes.
    I'm 6'3", 190lbs
    No LBS has them, so I can't test them. Been looking for a frame online to build up, but seriously have no idea what size I should be looking for.

mtbr member
    A lot of it will do with personal choice and what you plan on doing with the bike. If you want to be able to ride some trails and still mess around, you may want something bigger. If it'll be solely a mess around jump bike you'd be ok getting something smaller. Of course it's all what you feel comfortable on.

I know that's not a solid answer, but that's the way I see it. I have two DJ bikes. One is a lil bigger and geared and I use that to ride xc trails, rail trails, and mess around. The other is smaller and single speed and just used for urban riding.
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie

mtbr member
    Many companies that build frame only have one size.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Okay, thanks a lot.
    so is there a big difference between a "large" or a "short"?
    I am planning on using it for a little XC but also buying a new 29er for most of my riding.

mtbr member
    At your size, you would likely want a long or large frame. Definitely not a short or small. A regular or un-named size one would be in between there and possibly work. There's good older threads on here talking about sizing and what to look for.