mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Help with getting into DJ

Hey guys I've been wanting to get into dirt jumping forever now, and I finally decided to start moving forwards, except I've hit a roadblock... I can't find a DJ park anywhere around here (eastern VA). I decided to cut to the chase and pick up a specialized P3 at the end of this year, but of course there would be no reason to if I have nowhere to ride it. I ride plenty of motocross and am very used to being in the air and not afraid of large jumps (along with technical drops on my sortie). Any suggestions on areas to ride/learn would be great!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    i race moto too and in a similar situati9on as yours. as for me, i have trails that built and ride. if you go down to the skatepark and meet some of the riders there you can usually ride with locals at their trails. there are some really trails out there, alot fo the trails are hidden but you can find them. i ride bmx as well but a p3 would be great for about anything. get on Can You Dig It Sand Tools - It's Easy When You Have The Right Tools and check it out. its a good source for people building trails and trail locations.

mtbr member
    Hey man I have had the same problem here in eastern GA. So finally I talked to the guy we rent hunting land from and he is letting me build a DJ course and I have like 20 acres to work with. So I went to the local equipment rental place and rented a walk behind loader and started the project.

mtbr member
    All you need is a shovel, space, some water, and time. Welcome to the digger life.