mtbr member

Help Fork decision

I am trying to decide which is better for DJ, street, park and some light freeride and trail riding. I just picked up an Identiti Dr Jeykll, had one before made mistake of trading it.
    Can't decide what would be better:
    09 RS 409 Argyle solio
    09 RS 318 Argyle coil or
    08 Marzocchi 4x WC-new

I have always been a Marzocchi guy but I have a 426 Pike coil that I like but the steerer is too short for the frame and from what I hear the pike has gone downhill and not in a good way.

I also have a BlkMkrt MOB with geared rear, hs, seatpost and Pike 426 4sale everything is like new
    Last edited by quickneonrt; 03-20-2009 at 11:16 PM.

rock hard or hardrock
    cant go wrong with any of those. alot of people on here have the 318 and love it. im pretty sure snaky has a 4x (07 model i believe) and he swears by it, but he did send it somewhere and had it overhauled with better parts and lowered.

the choice is up to you, the 318 is heavier, but handles jumps better IMO due to the coil, but its a persona opinion. like i said, you cant go wrong with any of those
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

mtbr member
    the pike fits my MOB with a couple of spacers to spare, so it will fit a MOB/Riot or any frame with an internal hs with no problem.
    On my Identiti I have a Sunline V-one hs and I am using a BLKMKRT underboss stem, the stem fits but the top bolt is at the top of the steerer so it just grabs the top. if i had 2cm more it would fit perfect. Would I be able to use it?
    Are there any hs that are a lower stack height? the stem is as thick as the series one diablous stems. I could go with a thinner stem like a Danger Boy but I have 2 stems I love but both are same width. Plus I would like a better fork for this frame anyway.

GAME ON!
    i'd use the fork anyway. both bolts are still gripping the steerer. shouldn't be a big deal.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

fear this
    I'm really enjoying my '08 Argyle 302. Excellent fork, super plush, rebound adjustment is all I needed. I'm not a fan of the QR20 axle, though... that means that if the bike is parked outside at anytime, you need to run a cable through the front wheel to keep it from getting poached.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie, some goodies to lighten 'er up

mtbr member
    i have ridden my friends steelhead with the 302 on it an i liked the feel of it. Something about my mob just dosen't do it for me and can't figure it out it is suposed to be such a great bike

GAME ON!
    my steelhead has treated me well
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"