mtbr member

Help with DMR Sidekick2 SS gearing

Anyone else have a Sidekick2 with vertical D/O that you've SS'ed and figured out the "Magic Gear"? Right now I'm running 32/14 w/ a surly tensioner but want to go back to a 32/13 ratio. With the 13, the tensioner is maxed against the frame and I could still skip the chain. I'm thinking of going with a half link chain to get more pressure against the tensioner but am also probably going to play with sprocket sizes.
    I guess the good answer would be to sell some stuff to buy a frame with horizontal dropouts but don't see a new frame in the budget for awhile (I'm old and married with children, ).
    Bikes=Sanity

mtbr member
    Does it have the swopout dropout? If it does, just buy the horizontal dropout swopout.

If not, I can't help you.

mtbr member
    Nope, it's an older one with regular vertical dropouts. And I was just checking the closeout deals on Blk Mkrt Riots and the places I saw them are sold out

I'll eventually figure out what gearing combination works best for hitting the chain length where I want it but was just hoping not to have to buy three or four sprocket sets to get there.
    Bikes=Sanity